Home Forums Chat Forum PSA eBay now free for private sellers

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • PSA eBay now free for private sellers
  • Dickyboy

Just seen the notification from eBay, think this suggests that cash on collection will no longer be possible?

We’re making selling locally easier and safer with our improved collection option. When you list an item, you can choose to offer local collection, delivery, or both. If you sell your item locally, use the chat feature to discuss with your buyer and arrange the collection. When your buyer comes to pick up the item, quickly confirm the collection using a unique QR or six-digit code. With no physical cash payments, your money will be kept safe and you’ll be sure to get paid quickly.

So presumably eBay will still be charging transaction fees & holding on to your money until you request it..

bentandbroken

I’ve used the QR code on a pickup before while still exchanging cash.

avdave2

I just sold some door handles

Have you got any fork handles lurking in the garage by chance? Asking for a friend, I think that’s what he said

Dickyboy

I’ve used the QR code on a pickup before while still exchanging cash.

So have I both selling & buying, but that text is from their latest free selling announcement & suggests to me that cash will no longer be an option – I’d like to be proved wrong but….

Northwind

I think it might just be as simple as “we make most of the money off the commercial storefront stuff, but private sellers bring us the visibility and audience that made the commercial side work” sort of thing. I wouldn’t be surprised if we do see some sort of enshittification, “optional” optimisation etc.

But it’s definitely good for me, I’ve paid easily over a grand, probably over 2 in ebay fees over the year, never regretted it as the extra visibility you get’s worth every penny but it’ll be nicer to just not :) Especially since my actual sales have fallen tons in recent years with the cost of living crisis etc, I’ll be putting the fee cut straight into the sale price

ampthill

I’m with Northwind. I usually go to ebay to look for used items. But as a result i see loads of new stuff from businesses. If they can get all the used bikes back on there I’ll me there more often

let’s not forget it’s costing them almost to list something

simondbarnes

I’ve paid easily over a grand, probably over 2 in ebay fees over the year

Bloody hell, how much stuff do you sell?

Northwind

Shitloads :) But also I’ve been on ebay since before there was an ebay.co.uk so it adds up.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.