Home Forums Bike Forum PSA -CRC Fox Suspension 34 Float Performance 27.5″ Fork 2017 Black, 27.5″ (650b)

• This topic has 14 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jes.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • PSA -CRC Fox Suspension 34 Float Performance 27.5″ Fork 2017 Black, 27.5″ (650b)
  • jes
    Free Member

CRC’s red hot drops have

Fox Suspension 34 Float Performance 27.5″ Fork 2017

<span class=”sku”>Black, 27.5″ (650b), 140mm, 1.1/8″ – 1.5″ Tapered, QR15 x 100mm </span>

for £219.99 with a £5 discounts.

There’s a few other option also.

Stiggy

Awesome, thanks.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

faaaaaaaaaantastic.

Thanks!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Thanks for the psa! Any ideas on the difference between the three 15×100 options?

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Ordered a 140 mm fork for my Bossnut V2…great!

Fun: did yesterday the (small) service on the original RockShox Sektor 130. The new 140 mm Fox I will mount somewhen later this year then.

Above question about the 15×100 options:

When I picked 140 mm and 27.5″ the “options” for the axle “went away”. The only axle option left was QR15x100.

My Bossnut V2 has a 15×100 front wheel in.

And “QR” means in this case (CRC web page) “with Fox thru axle” (I hope). Bit missleading…

But great. My Sektor has a new service and I will keep it running until the fork feels “like wood” again and then I put the new 140 mm Fox in. Front wheel will fit.

granny_ring

Missed the 140mm ones, how do they ride?

Simon

I’ve just ordered some of these.

After a recent bad experience with a relatively new fork I want to do a lowers service on these before I start using them.

Can anyone point me in the direction of oil specs and volumes? I’ve looked on the Fox website but the Performance 34 isn’t listed.

jes
    Free Member

No idea on ride yet, will be despatched on Monday.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>2017 oil levels</span>

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=778</span&gt;

Last two pairs of Fox 36 have seemed ok, did have an issue with a 36 talas 180 a few years ago, that was a bit queaky, at the time there was a lot of press about low oil levels, so did a lower leg service, measured the oil and it was about 20% of the recommended quantity.

Never had any 34’s, so looking forward to how they compare to the 36’s. :-)

andy4d

Simon I can’t do links on this site but from what I see on the fox site the 2017 34mm float with grip dampers takes 40cc 5wt on damper side, 3cc 20wt in air chamber and the airside bath takes 25cc 20wt up to 120mm and 10cc of 20wt for 130mm to 160mm.

But don’t hold me to this…….

Edit jes beat me to it with his link while I was typing it out.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Told some biking pals about this sale (I ordered one).

But sounds like the 140 mm 27.5″ fork version is gone now. CRC only had a few in stock?

Simon

I got the dispatch email 30mins ago.

So it needs the fancy “Teflon infused” 5wt oil in the damper side lower and 20wt gold in the air side lower?

jes
    Free Member

Thats the way I read it.

jes
    Free Member

Mine turned up today via DPD to local collection point.

Look OEM as expected, plain brown box, forks wrapped in a single poly bag with cable guide in a smaller bag rattling around the box ( don’t miss or lose it )

The black version comes with old school silvery stanchions, steerer is black, crown is black and fork legs are black.

Graphics are a two tone bronze or burnt orange colour depending on lighting.

QP 15 X 100 is a quick release 15 mm axle.

Look quite beefy compared to the x-fusions they will replace, which were twice the price several years ago, bargain :-)

jes
    Free Member

Looks more like the 2016 model in the link below

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/fox-suspension-34-float-performance-forks-2016/rp-prod172922

Will check the code later to check year

jes
    Free Member

Yep code says
    <h1>2016 Performance Series 34 FLOAT 27.5 140 FIT4 3POS</h1>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘PSA -CRC Fox Suspension 34 Float Performance 27.5″ Fork 2017 Black, 27.5″ (650b)’ is closed to new replies.