Home Forums Bike Forum Problems with OneUp Components

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Problems with OneUp Components
  • munkiemagik
    Free Member

Has anyone had any communication with OneUp components recently? If so how did you manage it and through which channels please?

I have been trying to contact them about a magical rare beast commonly known as a ‘never in stock anywhere 180mm v2 30.9 dropper post’ that I thought I managed to bag a few weeks ago but it has never appeared even though I had it feeding on 179GBP out of my trembling disbelieving hands.

Ive emailed them several times and have not heard anything from Oneup since just before Christmas (which was an automated invoice email). And when I post on their facebook asking for alternative contact details my post gets deleted.

IS there some other way of contacting them? Ive raised a case with the courier (Yodel) they have asked me to contact the Vendor(OneUp)

I dont have Instagrannies or twittles

nixie

I have always found them responsive via email though admittedly not contacted them for a while. I did order pedals in mid December which arrived before Christmas. I have noticed that dispatch emails are not always correct. E.g. my December order triggered a repeat of the dispatch email for an order I placed in September time (that had long since arrived).

So it sounds like your order was shipped but never arrived?

cnud
    Free Member

They’ve always replied to my enquiries to info@oneupcomponents.com in fact the last one I made was on the 28/12/20 and they very helpfully sent me some free spares within a few days. Are you sure your emails are sending, replies not in your junk folder etc

Simon

I’ve been looking to buy a 180mm 30.9 On-Up post but nowhere seems to have had stock for months.
    I signed up for email stock alerts from One-Up and over the last couple of months I’ve had two notifications to say they have stock but each time when I’ve gone to the site to buy they are out of stock!

bruneep

@simon sent you a msg

SirHC

Always by email and they’ve always been very responsive.

Paid on credit card? I’d be looking at a charge back if they arn’t replying.

submarined
    Free Member

They’ve always replied within a day to me, and their customer service has been brilliant.

panzerjager
    Free Member

I’ve always had replies from them, some took a couple of days but they replied none the less.
    Usually by email, but also had success via Facebook messenger, rather than posting on their page.
    Have experience of getting alerts for in stock items, only for them to be out of stock when I order, but they’re not the only offenders. If you have a couple dozen people waiting on a stock alert & only a dozen pieces come into stock then they’re going out again pretty darn quick.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

Thanks for all the quick helpful responses guys.

you are right, this is exactly what has happened. I also singed up for notification of stock and as soon as it pinged in my hotmail account (which I obviously received from OneUp) I was on the website asap and parting with my hard earned.

I immediately emailed the next day after ordering as I realised I am barely ever at home as working 12 hour shifts these days so wanted to change delivery address to work address which is a 24 hour manned location.

I constantly get the automated messages from OneUp ie invoice, delivery due etc but never had a reply to any of the emails I sent to the address I have been using that @cnud is confirming

Nothing in spam either. I am starting to get quite frustrated with this silence to the point that im almost tempted to just pay a bit more and sacrifice some drop and get a Bikeyoke.

I had a few questions last year and fired off to Bikeyoke and their main man Saki replied within a few hours and we got in to a good exchange about my needs and setup. I was so impressed with the effort and commitment. If I didn’t have the max insertion/max drop/lowest stack issues that I have I would happily pay the higher amount for a Bikeyoke just because of how awesome it was to deal with Saki

munkiemagik
    Free Member

This reminds me of a time a year or two back when I had an issue with CRC and they were swearing blind that they were replying to me and their systems apparently were showing they sent messages to me but I was not recieving them.

I though there could be something goofy going on with Hotmail.com accounts and their customer service system

Anyone else experienced this

mahalo

my mate was buzzing and full of glee he found one for £150…

not so much when i told him the remote was separate :D

also – it does not work in the cold!!

kelvin

Not had any problems with my post on sub zero snow rides this month.

jam-bo

I would happily pay the higher amount for a Bikeyoke just because of how awesome it was to deal with Saki

i think Saki = bikeyoke.

mahalo

reckon it was about -3 or -4 on top of our local hills and the post would stay neither up nor down – but miraculously sprang back to life when down in he valley.

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@panzerjager

How did you send them a message on fbmessenger? I cant seem to find any way to do that?

When I open messenger and search for OneUp and all I find with the correct logo is OneUP Components Ecuador!!!

munkiemagik
    Free Member

@mahalo

direct your mate to the ZTTO dropper, everyone seems to love it, I even ordered one after reading about it on this forum. Just make sure he isn’t a numpty like me and puts the clamp on the wrong way round, ergonomics get wierd! lol

chakaping

I’ve had two notifications to say they have stock but each time when I’ve gone to the site to buy they are out of stock!

Yeah, sorry about that. I jumped on it quickly after missing out by a couple of hours the previous time.

tetrode

also – it does not work in the cold!!

My 180 V2 has been working perfectly for me since I got it a year and a half ago, including in sub zero temps so not sure where you’re getting that from.

Robz
    Free Member

Try giving these guys a shout – 20Twenty Store

They are my local shop and they often have a lot of One Up stock.

Small outfit but really helpful and knowledgeable

welshfarmer

I have been waiting ages for a 210 mm 31.6 to come into stock. A few weeks back (just before Xmas) they did so I quickly ordered it. After a few delays from Hermes (flooding) on the delivery front I finally got the post on New Years eve! Every ride since fitting has been sub zero, and no problems at all. I run mine with the lever from the Brand-X dropper it replaced.

honourablegeorge

I got mine from bike-components.de, they had stock come in faster than the OneUp site did, think they’re the German disti

honourablegeorge

@Simon – 180mm 30.9 is “2-7 Days”, those stock estimates are usually pretty accurate

https://www.bike-components.de/en/OneUp-Components/Dropper-Post-V2-180-mm-2020-Model-p74138/

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Problems with OneUp Components’ is closed to new replies.