Home Forums Chat Forum Primary teachers & parents: what’s so essential about Year 6? (lockdown easing)

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Primary teachers & parents: what’s so essential about Year 6? (lockdown easing)
  • duckman

As a secondary teacher working in the local hub just now….little germ magnets. And perchy x2; you lot are weird.

MSP

As I said earlier, I have year six children (two girls) and I think that *emotionally* it is by far the most important year.

It’s the parents that make it an unnecessarily “emotional” experience, not the children.

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s the parents that make it an unnecessarily “emotional” experience, not the children.

The people in charge of our children’s education clearly think it is an important year too (unless they are just doing it for shit n’ giggles).

sgn23
    Free Member

So Johnson has indicated June 1st and Y6 as expected, but Reception and Y1 was a surprise. The younger classes will struggle with distancing. It’s got to be an economic decision for those two classes as I suspect those kids need more 121 time when at home, so even harder for parents to WFH.

Northwind

I said,

Northwind
    Subscriber

Year 6 are old enough that there’s at least some chance of them doing social distancing. But not so old as to be impractical to replace if they all die.

Obviously 5 year olds are too young for the distancing and hygience and stuff but luckily easier to replace. And further from being economically productive too. All makes perfect sense.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Primary teachers & parents: what’s so essential about Year 6? (lockdown easing)’ is closed to new replies.