Home Forums Chat Forum pressure washers

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • pressure washers
  • johnnystorm

Life is too short to be tackling a patio without one of the round spinning attachments. Saves your back, blasting crap all over the place and lots of time. I’ve got a middling Nilfisk. Couldn’t tell you how old it is, I’ve had it so long. Has comfortably outlived the similarly priced Karcher and Halfords own brand washers it replaced.

Northwind

TBH it depends what you’re shifting, when I moved into this place I did the entire (massive, ugly) patio and paths with the spinny nilfisk head on a 110, and just used the spray end for really stubborn bits and for blasting out cracks and gaps. But that was normal person patio dirt. Next time I’ll be shifting spilled oil, paint overspray, and general car and bike gunge and the spinny thing probably won’t touch that, it’ll be chemicals and full power narrow blast. But it’ll still be ace for the tidyup.

bigyan
    Free Member

Worth checking what Titan ones Screwfix has on offer. Last time I looked the Titan one was a lot more powerful for the same money than a Karcher at the same price range, plus easy to use Screwfix warranty if needed.

There are obviously much better commercial options for more money.

You might want to spray the patio with some sodium hypochlorite first.

Yup, you can get a 25L drum from farm suppliers for about £20, can dilute as required. Much cheaper and very quickly effective compared to patio cleaners. Over psray will obviously bleach anything else.

breadcrumb

My Karcher K2 packed in after many years use. I replaced with a Titan (refurb from eBay). Only had it a couple of months but so far it’s doing well.

stumpy01

I got a Karcher k2 a couple of years ago – small thing with wheels. I think they do a non wheeled version.
    I got a kit that came with the basic patio cleaner. It works great on the rough concrete bits that make up part of our driveway and paths down the sides of the house.
    I used Screwfix no nonsense patio sealer afterwards and there’s barely any re-growth so far.

I think the pricier Karchers have a better patio tool that is larger and has a brush strip around the edge to keep spray in, while also keeping it quieter on the ground.

The more expensive ones also have better ways of attaching detergent bottles, than a pull out hose with nowhere to stash the bottle which is the way you do it on the K2.

biglee1

I`ve got a Karcher K4, great bit of kit, got a longer hose for it and the lance with the little spinning ball is excellent for cleaning the drive.

seadog101

Our Kärcher has been fine. Stopped once due to clogged input filter, and never let it freeze.
    Probably 5 years old now.

CheesybeanZ

Worth checking what Titan ones Screwfix has on offer. Last time I looked the Titan one was a lot more powerful for the same money than a Karcher at the same price range, plus easy to use Screwfix warranty if needed.

I’ve had one for 4 years , used regularly for customers drives/patios. Would definitely recommend and buy another when it eventually dies.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.