• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PPI – has anyone had any success with Bank of Scotland
  • webwonkmtber
    Free Member

I’m trying to tidy up my banking and I’m getting ready to ditch the wildly incompetent Bank of Scotland.

I’ve complained to them twice about miss-sold mortgage PPI, and a miss-sold packaged bank account. When sitting in judgement of themselves they have found against my legitimate complaints. I am annoyed about this.

My wife has also had her credit card PPI claim rejected by Bank of Scotland.

All of the complaints will be going to the Ombudsman – has anyone ever had success with a claim against the Bank of Scotland?

In contrast, I had all my PPI refunded from Egg/Barclaycard after a super simple process and hardly any questions being asked.

I feel BofS policy is to reject as a default action and hope folk leave it at that – or am I in conspiracy theory territory?

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Ha! No positive replies – I knew it! BofS are charlatans and withholding our money

scotroutes

Given that they’ve paid out billions as a result of mis-sold PPI claims then the answer to your question is obviously “yes”.

bikebouy
    Free Member

BoS became part of Halifax to become HBoS, taken over by Lloyds.

Tried the MoneySaving website for more info on reject claims ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

There was a mega thread on this in the last few months. Similar title.

webwonkmtber
    Free Member

Hmm, they may have set aside millions for PR purposes, but have they actually paid it out?

I’ve not been able to find any data relating to the percentage of claims accepted as opposed to rejected.

How many millions have been handed over, as opposed to set aside and still being set aside?

scotroutes

Billions have been paid out. They’ve had to increase the set-aside as the final claim date has been moved back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PPI – has anyone had any success with Bank of Scotland’ is closed to new replies.