Home Forums Chat Forum Post from Isle of Lewis (Stornoway)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Post from Isle of Lewis (Stornoway)
  • dan1980
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience with how long it (on average) takes for Royal mail to get stuff from the Isle of Lewis to your house?

Something was posted first class recorded 7/9/10, and is still “being progressed through [their] network for delivery. 😥

grumm
    Free Member

Normally only very slightly longer than usual ime – my GF’s mum lives up there and we’ve never had any issues really.

falkirk-mark

My family stay there and I would say not noticably any longer than anywhere else

molgrips
    Free Member

Shame, I was expecting you to be ON Lewis posting on stw, maybe with pics.

dan1980
    Free Member

Sorry, would much prefer to be on Lewis rather than a dingy basement lab with no windows 🙁

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Don’t know about Stornoway, but Kirkwall’s never been a problem. Things slow down a bit once you move out to the North isles like North Ron or Papay

swiss01
    Free Member

i used to live there and never had a problem

chrisdb
    Free Member

Me too!

There are 2 or 3 ferries a day, generally it’s just as quick as anywhere else. More remote islands get a bit more of a delay.

dan1980
    Free Member

Cheers everyone.

Guess that means the package has gone astray…. 🙁

tony_m
    Free Member

Weather and CalMac permitting, I’ll be there a week on Friday… 8)

As for the OP, I normally use ordinary First Class post to send stuff to my friend who lives up there, and she usually gets it the next day, or the day after that at the latest. Apparently the passenger boat missed a few sailings recently due to bad weather, plus the freight boat’s been broken (again… 🙄 ) for a couple of weeks, but I’d always understood the post went by air so this shouldn’t have caused any problems. Hope your stuff turns up OK!

grumm
    Free Member

Seeing as there was no pics, here’s a few pics from when I was up there last. 🙂

chrisdb
    Free Member

which beach is that grum?

grumm
    Free Member

Tolsta, just north of Stornoway. Pretty huge even by Hebridean standards.

druidh
    Free Member

grum – put it away!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Another pic of Tolsta beach, looking back towards our camper (we overnighted there):

And another looking along the beach:

skidartist
    Free Member

Sorry, would much prefer to be on Lewis rather than a dingy basement lab with no windows

What are they testing on you?

molgrips
    Free Member

Grum – what did you take those pics with?

grumm
    Free Member

With me GF1 – I think with the 14-45mm – middle two I think with a 10 stop filter.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Post from Isle of Lewis (Stornoway)’ is closed to new replies.