Home Forums Bike Forum Pitmedden condition?

• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by SSS.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Pitmedden condition?
  • SSS
    Free Member

Know that most of the 7 stanes and other forests are devastated.

Anyone been in Pitmedden since Arwen? Is it destroyed too? Or ok enough for a rideout?

LD
    Free Member

The trails crew were working on the access path to the wee DH section last weekend and no mention of trail closures. So assume at least that section is OK, if you like steepish terrain!

SSS
    Free Member

Cheers, sounds at least like the trail fairies have been in.
    I normally enter via The Clink then in on the XC trails. Maybe give a try this weekend to see whats its like.

hainman
    Free Member

Pitmedden in Perthshire?
    Rode there two weeks ago and most of the steep tech stuff like Covid and Bagpuss etc were all fine to ride
    Trees down up at the wee jumpy trail though

Phil_H

From the Pitmedden trail crew Facebook page.
    State of the trails after storm Arwen.
    50/50 All clear
    Wormhole – All clear
    Gruffalo Hunt – All clear
    Gruffalos Child – All clear
    Short trail before the gruffalos – All clear
    Rootmageddon – All clear
    Down son of a c*nt – All clear
    All the jumps – Multiple trees down in lower section
    Right Jump line – All clear
    Centre Jump line – Trees down
    Loam Lover – Lots of big trees down (impassable)
    Roam Rover – Tree down after the second chute (passable on foot).
    A River Runs Through It – fallen tree after bombhole (passable)
    Flow – clear (but covered in leaves)
    COVID-19 – clear
    Towball – clear
    Don’t Send It – clear
    Name and Shame – clear
    Trig to Tyre – clear
    Apparently trees down at Heart of Darkness and Red Arrows too 🙁

SSS
    Free Member

Cheers. Sounds in good condition to be fair. Sounds like a weekend plan…

beamishblue
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Pitmedden. It sounds like it’s worth a trip. What’s it like? Similar to Ballo?

hainman
    Free Member

Aye it’s similar to ballo
    Got some real steep techy trails at the front and ye drop back down to where you park so no real need for a bag
    Other side I found a bit hit n miss as we struggled to find some of the trails

househusband

Pitmedden in Perthshire?

No, Fife – just North of ‘Muchty.

blitz

Its actually both as it crosses and forms part of the county boundary. The north and west side is in P&K, the south east is in Fife

househusband

@blitz So it does, I had no idea; I always start from just above ‘Muchty after heading there from the other end of The Kingdom so, perhaps naturally, called it Fife!

poah
    Free Member

Some really good vids on youtube of pitmedden.

clubby

Good to hear it’s survived better than other areas. Blairadam is apparently wrecked.

@beamishblue
    it’s very much worth a trip but if you venture away from the sawmill trails then be prepared to get lost, a lot. Stuff at the sawmill end is the old dh stuff, which these days is enduro bike territory. Built for winch and plummet back to the same spot. A bit above my pay grade. Further into the forest and the Clink end is more xc with occasional features. Often trails there run well in either direction for a bit of variety. New stuff up by the pylons is well worth searching out. Trailforks is invaluable if you don’t have a local guide.
    Gutted about Heart of Darkness, it also gets hit. Never been the same since the felling a few years back though.

STW Xmas holiday meet could be good if anyone wants an orientation.

Northwind

Haven’t been there for years- not since the first muckmedden. Wee return trip could be great

SSS
    Free Member

Went today. In really good condition. All the trails i went on were perfect. Only 2 fallen trees i had to climb over/duck under.
    Lots of riders out today mainly on the north side trails at Abernethy side. The best trail IMHO is Heart of Darkness. It was all good too, clear and flowing freely.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Pitmedden condition?’ is closed to new replies.