Home Forums Bike Forum Pitmedden: An Ode to Trail Builders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pitmedden: An Ode to Trail Builders
    arrpee
    Free Member

Rode here for the first time in years yesterday, and, Jesus McGonagall, what a place. The quality of the build on the newer trails is phenomenal. Just a gorgeous flow to everything, including the tech, and so much variety packed into a small area, all serviced by a shared climb, pitched at the perfect “sociable” gradient.

I feel like people really have learned to do this sort of thing right in recent year. Even as a bang-average rider, I could appreciate how layered these trails are, i.e. how many options they would offer to a more skilled rider, particularly one with better jumping skills. I feel like people really have learned to do this sort of thing right in recent years. Here’s to them.

poah
    Free Member

the fact it is a short climb up with lots of trails off the same bit is brill for unfit old fat asthmatics like me. Not sure I’d like to ride them in the wet mind you.

arrpee
    Free Member

poahFree Member
    the fact it is a short climb up with lots of trails off the same bit is brill for unfit old fat asthmatics like me. Not sure I’d like to ride them in the wet mind you.

On yesterday’s evidence, I’d describe them as sketchy-but-doable-with-the-right-tyres.

highlandman
    Free Member

I’d say that in many ways, tyre choice is probably more important than bike choice; great fun, even in the wet on a hardtail, providing your front is something MaxxGrip or Addix Purple – soft.  Last time I was there, back in a wet July, I was on the Solaris but with a new sticky Assegai and it was genuinely a hoot. Especially as it had been a few years since previous visit. Happy days..

pigyn
    Free Member

Best just keep quiet about the rest of the forest then. Despite what mctrailrider would have you believe, there’s a lot more to pitmedden than the DH tracks ?

hopefiendboy

@arrpee do you mean the group of blacks all peeling off down to the car park? Bagpuss, hammer and tongs etc?

arrpee
    Free Member

@arrpee do you mean the group of blacks all peeling off down to the car park? Bagpuss, hammer and tongs etc?

Yep, I’ve ridden some of the other stuff historically, but talking about that cluster of trails in particular.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.