Home Forums Chat Forum PedalSure insurance – experiences?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • PedalSure insurance – experiences?
  • grtdkad
    Free Member

hi, it looks like we may move our buildings, contents and bike insurance to PedalSure after many years swapping back-and-forth between M&S and John Lewis. A couple of hi-value MTBs and several others to consider – regular insurers are not interested

PedalSure’s quote is roughly 40% cheaper than my JL renewal…does anyone have experience of cover, claims etc with PS? (Obviously hoping to avoid the latter!).

Ta muchly

legend
    Free Member

No idea about Pedal Sure, Pedal Cover tend to be the go to around these parts though

grtdkad
    Free Member

Doh.  PedalCover.

It looks like we may move to PedalCover.  PedalCover – any experiences?

grtdkad
    Free Member

5/5 then?

<span style=”font-family: UICTFontTextStyleBody; font-size: 21px;”>https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.pedalcover.co.uk?page=2</span&gt;

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, the forum’s full of recommendations, nearly all based on price. A couple of people have now claimed though, and said it was all easy enough. I’ve no complaints, but I’m not sure anyone ever has issue with an insurance company before they claim.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s the point njee.

Any “not the correct sort of lock” or similar types of declines?

njee20
    Free Member

It’s just Axa cover for which they overlay some enhanced bike cover, so no, no crap like that.

ajaj
    Free Member

Like Njee says, it’s just Axa cover but they seem to have some ability to modify Axa’s standard clauses – for example to remove the prohibition on keeping bikes in cars. It’s a bit peculiar, Axa’s documentation still has the restriction and you have to query why the advertising doesn’t match the small print to get formal statement that you’re covered.

I did ask about locks, and their answer was that you have to use something appropriate but no formal requirements. Which leaves a lot of wriggle room for arguments post-claim.

bigbeard
    Free Member

We had some bikes / wheels stolen out of the garage and PedalSure were great. The cover is by Axa but PedalCover have an agreement with them so that they deal with any bike thefts – including valuation etc. We got new for old, list price valuations for what we had stolen and got the money very quickly.

In terms of locks – there was no requirement as they were in a locked garage.

-m-
    Free Member

Never claimed, but their admin on policy renewal has sometimes been a bit ‘relaxed’. They’re always very reassuring on the phone – “don’t worry, you would definitely have been covered”, but when you haven’t got any documentation and haven’t paid any money it can be a little unnerving…

That said, I have not had cause to go elsewhere over a few years. Their cover and price are good and they clearly understand bikes when you speak to them.

scaled
    Free Member

PedalCover here and made a claim with them for pretty much the full value i was covered for.

New for old, i provided receipts for everything I had, pictures for the rest.  Lovely people to deal with.

njee20
    Free Member

Never claimed, but their admin on policy renewal has sometimes been a bit ‘relaxed’. They’re always very reassuring on the phone – “don’t worry, you would definitely have been covered”, but when you haven’t got any documentation and haven’t paid any money it can be a little unnerving…

I got renewal docs through a couple of weeks in advance, I had to phone to renew, rather than automatically (which I’m fine with), but obviously had cover throughout.

grtdkad
    Free Member

Thanks all.  That’s a great help ta

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘PedalSure insurance – experiences?’ is closed to new replies.