Home Forums Chat Forum Parking at Cow Bridge car park (Brotherswater)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Parking at Cow Bridge car park (Brotherswater)
  • carlos
    Free Member

Just after a bit of local knowledge if you can leave a vehicle overnight at Cow Bridge car park near Brotherswater. I’m doing a recce so ideally need to leave the car there and get the bus back in the morning. Can’t get the bus out as they don’t start running from windermere till nearly 10:00am on Saturdays

Also do you know what the charges are as I can’t find anything on the web other than its a NT ran carpark with charges

TIA

Carlos

footflaps

Regularly park there. It has two bits, a Pay and Display NT bit and a bit next to it which is free. Normally, we just park in the free bit. Would leave a car overnight there (have done many times in random places, but don’t think we’ve left one there overnight).

carlos
    Free Member

Ah, hopefully we’ll get there early enough to bag a free place.

I’ve seen on Google maps a “carpark £5” sign on the junction of the A592 and the lane to Hartsop, so that may also be an option (I’ll check overnight is ok 1st and not just park up, pay and wander off)

MrSparkle

There is the £5 car park there and further up is another small car park with an honesty box.

https://www.thelakedistrict.org/things-to-do/walks/hayeswater-from-hartsop/

carlos
    Free Member

Thanks for that. So that’s another option(thumbs up)

Do you know if they allow leaving a car overnight ? As above its not to sleep in, just left there overnight

MrSparkle

I don’t I’m afraid. There is a sign up by the gate but I’ve not been there for 6 months or so and I can’t remember if there are any restrictions on it. It has been pretty quiet when we have been there but I suspect that a sunny summer’s weekend and it might get busy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.