Home Forums Bike Forum Park of Keir to be luxury housing

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Park of Keir to be luxury housing
  • matt_outandabout

Same Tahir who is riding roughshod over access in and around his ‘ghost’ golf course next to Gleneagles?

Same with Keir House.

I see the newspapers have done bugger all research, it seems the Times have pitched it as a win for little Judy against the planners and Anne Gloag…

StirlingCrispin

Mohammed Mahdi Al Tajir: Same Tahir who is riding roughshod over access in and around his ‘ghost’ golf course next to Gleneagles?

Yes – also owns Highland Spring.

Park of Keir
    The Guardian article is reassuring in that the Dunblane CC say this has a long way to go yet.
    No one penny of public money should go towards the sports facilities – the university has an Institute of Sport offering under-utilised golf and tennis facilities for local youngesters with easy access (my son cycled to the gym there last night with his friends).

13thfloormonk

I noticed the local MSP was dead against it, quoted in the Guardian article.

So, who to moan to within the SNP? 😎

Annoyed that both areas had been on my list to explore, will need to get around to it quicker! Is access to tracks and trails around Keir House a problem?

matt_outandabout

I noticed the local MSP was dead against it, quoted in the Guardian article.

Mark our MSP may stick his nose into this thread, he is STW member….

matt_outandabout

Is access to tracks and trails around Keir House a problem?

I have had two negative experiences on the estate – once just exploring when we first moved here, and fair enough I was probably too close to the main house trying to see if tracks connected alongside the motorway. I have also run into a grumpy driver of a quad bike as I connected what is marked as old military road / ice house woods on the maps over to Row. That said, I have done it in reverse before and you can connect to local dog walker paths to the houses at Biggins.

Their neighbours over at Row are equally awkward – they having blocked an access track under guise of being ‘in’ a garden – yet there didn’t used to be a garden – and this used to make a nice loop on foot or bike.

StirlingCrispin

Mark Ruskell (Green) is a regional MSP – and cycles.
    He is obviously seriously unimpressed that the Scottish SNP Government have done this during a so-called coallition with the Green party,

Constituency MSPs are Keith Brown (SNP, Dunblane) and Evelyn Tweed (SNP, Stirling).
    I will be writing to them asking why their party over-rode their consituents.

13thfloormonk

I will be writing to them asking why their party over-rode their consituents.

Again. Have they learned nothing from the Trump/Menie debacle?

matt_outandabout

I also see that Stirling Council are silent – only a couple of ‘we note the decision’ statements. I get the feeling they too are properly upset at a high level, I will be writing to our councillors to ask for an opinion from them on it.

bearGrease

Aye, Judy Murray has been giving brown envelopes tae wee Nic, right ye are.

I know! Who’d imagine it eh? Next thing you know people will be suggesting that Sturgeon kept quiet about the misbehaviour of her boss, putting her party’s agenda ahead of the safety of Scottish government staff! Don’t they know she’s a protected species of politician, one that can never be criticised!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Park of Keir to be luxury housing’ is closed to new replies.