Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Parcel Force: How reliable are the SMS texts stating a delivery slot?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Had one come through for the first time, just wondered how reliable these are, worth holding my breath for?

wwaswas

My wife got a text Friday morning ‘out in van for delivery today’.

Arrived lunchtime Saturday.

weeksy

mine have been “yours will arrive before 1pm”… It then arrives about 1.30pm with the post lady.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m going to breath out I think.

nickc

Mine was out for delv between 11 and 12 and was delivered at 11.15

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Bang on for me today. Right on time.

bruneep

Sms stating left in agreed safe place.

I have never agreed a safe place with RM.

RM idea of a safe place is in the wheelie bin on bin day. Our retired neighbour takes bin out and puts away for us. Thankfully he looked in it to see if it was needing emptying.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP in my case pretty reliable – @bruneep’s story is a nightmare !!

MussEd
    Free Member

I got one stating an hour slot between 11.30am and 12.30pm. Went out for the morning. Returned home at 11am. Wee red card stating they’d been at 11.15am and would attempt redelivery. U.S!

IdleJon

I had a parcel delivered by them a few weeks ago. I got the text the next day, and then another the following day.

kcr
    Free Member

SMS said my next day tracked delivery would arrive on the correct day. It was actually 24 hours late. The tracking website info showed it was actually nowhere near me.
    So in my limited experience, it looks like they texted me based on what they were supposed to be doing, not what was actually happening.

Fair play to CRC who refunded the next day charge after Parcel Force failed to deliver on time.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Parcel arrived 24 hours after the delivery slot and their online tracking is useless. DPD are amongst the best in my experience.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Well website says it out for delivery, sms states delivery between 11.26am and 12.26pm. Yodel are due today along with DX, I’m expecting a hat trick of failed deliveries!

hammyuk
    Free Member

DPD are great assuming the company they are picking up from have their act together.
    PF have been pretty good recently with text alerts recently – however sometimes its “between x and y” others its “today”

And don’t get me started on Yodel…… after the other weeks farce and the stuff the driver was saying they’ve had to implement at the depots due to theft, etc.
    It actually costs Yodel less money to pay out for the item lost than to instigate the correct security to stop it.

MussEd
    Free Member

DPD faultless here too but sadly you can’t select which courier beings your stuff. Yodel is ok here too, the chap seems to come of an evening thereby maximises his chances of getting people in who are out all day..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Parcel Force: How reliable are the SMS texts stating a delivery slot?’ is closed to new replies.