Home Forums Chat Forum Outdoor seating area roof ideas please

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Outdoor seating area roof ideas please
  • teenrat

I’m currently building an undercover outdoor area, but cannot decide on roof material.

The frame I built is approx 3m width by 3.3m length. Additional joists will be added depending on the material I use.

Should I go for marine ply, scaffolding boards, transparent corrugated plastic….. I just don’t know. I’d love to use recycled material if possible and obviously for it to be as cheap as possible.

Any ideas please!

roof

kayak23

I like a tin roof myself. You can often pick them up used and they’re lovely to sit under in the rain.
    Others may not appreciate that.
    My shed uses all second hand wiggly tin.

allfankledup

Think zero maintenance… ply or boards would need a cover of some sort on it. Tin Roofs can colour beautifully ..

the-muffin-man

I just don’t know. I’d love to use recycled material if possible and obviously for it to be as cheap as possible.

…see that tarp hanging over the wall!

HTH! :-)

matt_outandabout

I like a tin roof myself

+1, and they are very recyclable, durable and easy to fit.
    They are however noisy in heavy rain.

+1 on a tarp as an option too. You can remove on a dry day, put back when you need rain shelter or shade. Local trailer or boat tarpaulin maker can make them, plus a few eye bolts and quick release shackles and it is really easy.

pocpoc
    Free Member

My imaginary future plans for a pegola type structure in our garden involve something like this…
    roof

Sloped to one side to rain can run off and able to retract back to let it sun or not be vulnerble to ripping off in a strong wind.

EDIT: that’s just an image stolen from THIS Amazon listing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.