Home Forums Chat Forum Os maps app, importing routes?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Os maps app, importing routes?
  • cogglepin

I subscribe to OS maps and was wondering if I can export routes from Garmin connect, Komoot or Strava to use again at a later date.
    Any ideas?

nuke

Yeah, was doing this at the weekend. For some reason I couldnt see how to import in the app itself but if I opened the downloaded gpx, android would then give the option to open with the OS app and would then import. I am using an old version of the app so maybe its been sorted from in the app now

scotroutes

You can definitely import GPX routes on the web version.

cogglepin

That’s chaps.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m having an issue with it atm, I find a route on the app, save it for offline use, as well as the map of the area, but when I get to where I’m planning on starting, there’s no route.

Pissin me off, I really like the app otherwise.

lucien

@nobeer, try downloading again when you are ready to start navigating

paladin

Nobeerinthefridge
    I’m having an issue with it atm, I find a route on the app, save it for offline use, as well as the map of the area, but when I get to where I’m planning on starting, there’s no route.

Pissin me off, I really like the app otherwise.

Am in the habit of turning off Wi-Fi and data after downloading routemaps to check it works.
    Have just set up an old phone purely for OSmaps

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

@nobeer, try downloading again when you are ready to start navigating

Don’t generally get 4G where I’m going.

@paladin
    , good shout, hadn’t thought of that!.

It’s one of a couple of downsides to the app, but in general it’s very good. Allowing you to go in flight mode and still use it is superb, quite often finish big days in the hills with 80 odd % charge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Os maps app, importing routes?’ is closed to new replies.