Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Orbea Occam 2020
  • crescentface
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone had started to take delivery of their 2020 orbea Occam yet? Got a pre-order in and was just wondering if production appeared on schedule

wooderson

I’m very keen, but every shop I ask tell me it’s January 6th onwards for delivery…

doug_basqueMTB.com

They are in production. I got my order in really quick this year and mine is being painted just now. (Gold!) I know because the guys sent me a photo.

Orbea are doing their new model announcements when the bikes are available, a commitment to their dealers. That being said the bikes are really popular and I think this new one will be more than ever so the orders pile up fast. That will be the reason for the delivery date. Mine should be here… today? Tomorrow? Next week? Very soon anyway 🙂

I’m not an Orbea representative, just to be clear. I just know the guys and happened to recently cook them a BBQ, share some whisky and ask some questions.

The bike is super cool by the way. I organized the launch so got lots of miles in on it. I was a bit surprised to be honest at how much I liked it and got my order in the day after the launch!

charliemort

Doug – you’re such a tart!

doug_basqueMTB.com

You know it 🙂 gold and black and I just ordered black pedals with gold pins. I can’t wait.

ta11pau1

I looked when they were first announced, the XL size was October delivery, it’s now saying January!

The XXL Jeffsy Pro race 29 in black is also showing an October delivery date, its a bit annoying as I was looking to buy pretty soon.

crescentface
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. When I placed my order I got a date of October 9th. Just hoping it doesn’t get pushed back too much. I know the demand is big. It’s already a long wait, a delay would be painful.

pigyn
    Free Member

I ordered stock on the first day, we have medium alu arriving this month, large m30 carbon september, then LOADS of ‘valley spec’M10s with 36s, minions exc arriving october. Inc a nice MyO one. All still available to reserve as we haven’t done the promo yet, was waiting for it to get a bit closer. Give us a message if you want to know exactly what’s coming in – https://www.instagram.com/pedalsbikecare/

Also, they look amazing!

doug_basqueMTB.com

I think the M10 with the 36’s is the sweet spot. I went for the XTR brakes too, just because I used them on the launch and it was perfect and I haven’t tried the new XTs. The XT drivetrain is amazing. The new OC dropper post is really, really good too.

charliemort

Doug – you’re such a tart (again….)

doug_basqueMTB.com

And just when you give up and just put the web address! Magic.

martinhutch

Oi! post a proper close-up!

Love my Occam. And my Oiz.

#fanboi

scuttler

You know it 🙂 gold and black

means this post is useless without pics (easy direct linkable versions), so here goes. Hi Doug – from Matt (from Ultimate).

biggreyshark
    Free Member

I ordered a base model today but as I changed brakes and tyres have been told January delivery.

My first marzocchi bombers since the 1990s.

tails
    Free Member

Really wish they’d made this in 27.5 as I’d have not hesitated but 29ers just seem to high up for me. Need to get a test ride in though as I’d prefer this to a stumpjumper.

the00
    Free Member

What is the tyre clearance like? Will it take a 2.6 like the Ripley and Tallboy?

scandal42
    Free Member

Anyone got any Alu models in that they can post a picture of?

These are pretty much top of my list but the supply seems a bit constrained.

scandal42
    Free Member

Also anyone know if any UK dealers will have demo bikes available?

TheFlyingOx

My local bike shop happens to be an Orbea dealer, he’s getting an Occam and a Rallon to demo at the end of September. 2 Wheel Care in Pitscottie.

scandal42
    Free Member

I don’t mind travelling but it’s a bit too far from the Midlands 🙂

scandal42
    Free Member

Looks like these are starting to hit the bike shops, albeit in dribs and drabs.

Has anyone picked one up or been to look at one?

The pics I’ve seen of the Alu models seem impressive, barely a weld mark in sight.

parkesie
    Free Member

Had a sit on and good look at the orbea reps blue and orange carbon one. Very nice looking and immaculate finish then it feels just right to sit on. I’d be tempted if I didn’t have a Rallon.

scandal42
    Free Member

I went to sit on one of these at the weekend.

Very nice in the Aluminum, almost looks like a carbon it’s that smooth.

Bike seems incredibly sorted for the money but I definitely would have to size up as the bike felt a bit cramped when seated, more than likely down to that steep ST angle.

Will be getting a closer look at a large but very tempted.

robholland
    Free Member

Anyone got a ride report yet? Seriously tempted and liking the look of it with 36s. I’m liking the colour options but I’m also wondering what they actually look like in real life instead of the computer generated image. I saw a blue one on Instagram and it looks different to the blue I like on the website. Anyone got a blue one they can post pics of? Also do people think they are short on top tubes compared to other bikes? Xl is 649 which seems a tad shorter than other bikes.

moshimonster
    Free Member

They are definitely short on the top tube, large is only 619 mm. XL is much longer at 649 and 500 reach (probably too long for me), but the seat-tube is 508 so I could only fit a 125 dropper for my 34″ legs. If you have super long legs then it’s probably a good option, but for me at 6’1″ with long arms the sizing doesn’t really work.

scandal42
    Free Member

I can vouch for the top tube, don’t just rely on reach numbers.

Nice looking bikes though if you can get a fit

moshimonster
    Free Member

I can vouch for the top tube, don’t just rely on reach numbers.

Yeah, the reach looks generous at 474 mm for a large. But the STA is very steep, so it still ends up being a very short cockpit. The XL is a big step up from there with a long ST so they could do with an extra size between L and XL like some other manufacturers have started doing. Shame, because it was at the top of my shortlist for a new bike. If you have short arms or very long legs then it’s probably fine!

robholland
    Free Member

So the xl seems compariable to other brands after looking around. Probably 1cm between sizes like the sb130 Which is very similar tt and seat angle etc. Trouble is I can’t see a demo one to try so it’s difficult to know really.

tails
    Free Member

They do seem a bit slow in getting them to stores. Are they all produced in Spain? Thought they’d have had the none custom ones ready for stores after the press release. Also shame you can’t get the alu frame only, although the specs are good. No weights on the website is a bit poor.

pigyn
    Free Member

Please delete if inappropriate – but I know a lot of folk were looking for stock on these. We have a few available now that haven’t been reserved, including the holy grail of M10 carbons with Fox 36 and Minion upgrades, in large and XL. Say whuuuut!

2020 Orbea Occam M10 Large Black – 36//Minions

moshimonster
    Free Member

So the xl seems compariable to other brands after looking around. Probably 1cm between sizes like the sb130 Which is very similar tt and seat angle etc. Trouble is I can’t see a demo one to try so it’s difficult to know really.

It was the seat tube length at 508 that killed it for me on the XL (with a 150 dropper post), but I’m right on the line between L and XL at 6’1″.

scuttler

Cyclegear in Halifax has them in now too (ally and carbon – I touched them….) and also has a couple of demos as I understand it – not sure what sizes.

https://www.ukbikesdepot.com/

And there’s a permanent 10% off with the discount code.

transition1
    Free Member

What about the Ibis Ripmo 145mm rear travel & much shorter seat tube in XL or the Ripley for a more XC based bike.

orena45

Unit Cycles in Cornwall also have a couple of Occams in stock for touchy-feely requirements. Offering a 10% discount too I believe.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

pigyn

Please delete if inappropriate – but I know a lot of folk were looking for stock on these. We have a few available now that haven’t been reserved, including the holy grail of M10 carbons with Fox 36 and Minion upgrades, in large and XL. Say whuuuut!

Well that’s annoying. I came into the shop (in person, like it was 1990!!), talked to you guys about the M10 ‘Tweed Valley’ in XL for about 15 minutes, left a name and number so i could come and swing a leg over it when it came in.. Haven’t had a call yet.!?!?

pigyn
    Free Member

H1ghland3r – sorry I got these items up in a hurry yesterday then got caught up in shim stacks until close!

I am off today so can’t get at the shop diary but I will phone the guys and get them to message everyone we have details for. If you don’t hear anything by lunch give us a hollar. Worth noting these aren’t built up yet, but we can pop one out if you want to come and size check it.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

No apologies necessary, shouldn’t post late at night when i’m tired, was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek so sorry if it came across as a bit whiny.. 😉

Will try to pop in either over the weekend or next week for a look and a sit. To be honest my asking about them initially was a bit speculative as Mrs H1ghland3r wasn’t really keen on another bike but H1ghland3r Jnr is growing out of his current bike fast so the idea of my current bike becoming a hand me down has gained traction and I appear to have been given the green light.!
    Happy days.

Kuco

What sizes did people go for in the end? Tried a medium and it felt really short and i’m only 170cm. Their sizing does put me on the edge of the large frame. Normally ride a medium Specialized that feels just right.

lostdotfish
    Free Member

I’ve got a Large on order. I’m 182cm which puts me at the top of a Large or the bottom of an XL… hope it’s not too small.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Orbea Occam 2020’ is closed to new replies.