Home Forums Bike Forum Orange Headset and Seatclamp – what frame colour?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Orange Headset and Seatclamp – what frame colour?
  • honourablegeorge

I have an old RoadRat frame in the shed, which I’m planning to rebuild as a commuter/flat bar gravel singlespeed sort of thing, and part of the plan is a spray.bike repaint.

As far as parts go, I have an orange hope headset and seatclamp which will fit, so I need a colour that will suit those. Thinking a baby blue colour right now(Singular Swift style), but interested in suggestions or pictures

dcwhite1984
    Free Member

I have a gloss blue 2017 cotic bfe with orange hope parts which looks pretty cool in my opinion.

No pics of my actual bike but you can find the colourway here: Bfe

chakaping

Blue with orange bits is the classic combo, but it looks a bit retro now IMO.

I’d go for black or grey on the frame personally.

Or just sell them and get the colour you really want.

honourablegeorge

Yeah, have a paler blue in mind (and a few less orange bits) but that looks nice.

honourablegeorge

chakaping

Blue with orange bits is the classic combo, but it looks a bit retro now IMO.

I’d go for black or grey on the frame personally.

I quite like the orange, but they don’t really suit the current black paint, and it does need a repaint. Hoping to avoid spending much money also, so whatever’s in the shed is going on it

That kind of battleship grey that Orange do was one maybe.

Onzadog
    Free Member

For me, it’s coloured bits on an understated frame, or coloured frame with understated bits. Also, if 8 pick a colour for bits, they’re either painted or anodised, but not a mix of both.

reluctantjumper

My Rocket is the same colour as what honourablegeorge posted and I went with black parts to keep the orange from becoming too much. My vote would go for a grey or maybe a dark blue.

ads678

Matt khaki sort of green would look good I reckon.

Or grey/silver, or dark blue.

honourablegeorge

ads678
    Matt khaki sort of green would look good I reckon.

Or grey/silver, or dark blue.

You’ve been looking in my spray.bike folder, clearly

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Orange Headset and Seatclamp – what frame colour?’ is closed to new replies.