• This topic has 17 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Aidy.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Options to disguise lots of headset spacers
  • andyl
    Free Member

Unfortunately due to my 90mm headtube and semi integrated top headset I have A LOT of spacers (50mm!) when keeping to a 200mm steerer which I am reluctant to cut down.

Trying to get hold of a suitable high stack carbon upper cone for my headset to make it look a bit better but wondering if anyone had any ideas for making the spacer stack look less stupid.

Am thinking computer/light mounts? Any suggestions/links?

Looking for things that go above and/or below the stem.

clubber
    Free Member

Seriously?! 😆

One of these. Has the advantage of being SS-specific KERAZZZY!!! OMZG LOLZ!

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/bikemongers-wisecracker-headset-spacer-bottle-opener-321-p.asp

andyl
    Free Member

Yup 50 bloody mm!

That’s quite cool but if I drink beer on a ride I will do something very silly and hurt myself 😆

I was tempted to move my poplock to the stem to unclutter the bars and cut the cable length. Could also put a remote seat post lever there.

stumpy01

How about a doll like they put over toilet rolls in old people’s houses??

Like this:

😉

Happy to help.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Yup – +1 for the conical headset spacers 🙂

whytetrash

I’d use a buff myself….useful if your neck gets cold on a long ride too 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

If you want to go black tie maybe try a cummberbund?

DezB
    Free Member

old people’s houses?

😆 Mother-in-Law bought us one of those one Christmas! 😳

Dobbo

A discreet curtain works for me.

DezB
    Free Member

stumpy01

DezB – Member
    old people’s houses?

Mother-in-Law bought us one of those one Christmas!

😀

OOPS!!

andyl
    Free Member

lol

Maybe I could strap a teddy to the front bin lorry style?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

mamadirt
    Free Member

Careful use of colour co-ordination worked for me and my old 80mm head-tubed Inbred. I’d post pics if fotopic was working but I tended to run a black headset and stem with black 5 or 10mm spacer above and below the stem and on top of the headset (making it look like part of the stem stack), then between the stem and headset run another 10 or 12mm spacer but in silver or white. If that makes no sense it’s because I’m old 😉 😳

runs off to refill toilet roll cover

andyl
    Free Member

At the moment I have a red zero-stack top cap on my headset which is very low profile but means conical spacers won’t work.

On top of that I have 15mm of fancy red USE spacers as they are shaped so look better than straight ones. Then I have 20mm of carbon ones, then the stem, then on top a gloss black alloy one that looks like part of the stem and then a 10mm carbon one.

The steerer was cut very wonky by the shop so might trim it straight to lose 5mm and hopefully being sent a new headset top cap which has a higher stack and is conical.

joolsburger
    Free Member

These ones are OK I have 40mms worth 30 below 10 above could be worse. I’m going to cut 10mm more of the steerer and go for higher rise bars.

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/3900/Hope_Spacer_Doctor_Headset_Spacers

Aidy
    Free Member

Attach of of these to the top, and paint the spacers accordingly?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Options to disguise lots of headset spacers’ is closed to new replies.