Home Forums Chat Forum online drumming tuition

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • online drumming tuition
  • karnali
    Free Member

always fancied a go at learning teh drums and my daughter would like to try as well, anything online similar to Justins guitar on youtube?

p7eaven
    Free Member

I bought a budget electronic kit around ‘lockdown‘ this year and took to youtube.

Spent about 30 mins a night starting out, the looking at stuff on Youtube (to ride the insomnia!) and finally settled on these two channels.

– Drumeo
    – Rob ‘beatdown’ Brown

(Rob Brown’s trick for learning the double stroke is the best I’ve found)

Also recommend a practice pad and stand for rudiments/accuracy/speed training.

In fact I’d say it’s essential. I found a double-sided 10 inch pad on Marketplace for about a tenner. They aren’t too expensive new. Evans RealFeel etc.

Then a metronome app (for the practice pad), there are loads!

I’ve found drumming to be a really engaging discipline. Also bags of fun.

jimmy

I bought a 2nd hand kit a year ago and have done very little with it. I’ll get myself on those YouTube channels, thanks.

p7eaven
    Free Member

What kit did you get jimmy? I got a little Alesis Nitro Mesh setup second hand.

Really surprised me to tbh. Especially how it fits next to the freezer 🤣🤣

PS I’m still using a fan to keep cool on marathon sessions.

timizere

I’m not sure if this is what you’re after, but I do private drum tuition.. now online due to covid. I normally teach 2 days in schools and 3 days of private tuition, all of which has been conducted on skype throughout lockdown. Here’s a link to my website https://timizere.wixsite.com/timbaileydrums
    and here’s my youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/timizere

goldfish24

I checked this thread earlier and went away to think. I’ve been drumming about 6 years now. I’ve learned a lot from YouTube – eg particular styles or techniques I’ve taken an interest in – but actually I’ve got most of my basic ability from 1:1 drum lessons. Because a lot of drumming is about non-obvious technique – eg how you’re holding the sticks, what you need to practice more of – lessons can really accelerate your progress. I went away to think because I wasn’t sure it would be helpful to recommend that in COVID times. But then timizere might have the answer, above.

He’s not paying me :)

As far as YouTube goes, I might recommend paying the sub to access the full drumeo courses via their website, but curiously I didn’t get into this or stick with it myself.

earl_brutus
    Free Member

Highly recommend these guys. https://www.youtube.com/c/DrumEd

Filmed by an old school mate and I’ve been following these for a year and getting some good progress. Especially the 1 min bitesize.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘online drumming tuition’ is closed to new replies.