Home Forums Bike Forum one up pedals

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • one up pedals
  • andybrad

So i snapped my specialized pedal last night and am in the market for some new ones. Currently looking at the one up ones.

Any good?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a set of the metal ones. Good pedals, great bearing replacement design and they don’t fleece you for the service kit. The pins are a bit thin and vicious and the convex shape ultimately means I prefer my Burgtecs. They are decent pedals

andybrad

so you would pick the burgtec over the oneup then. is that convex shape an issue?

bone_idle
    Free Member

I have a pair of the nylon one up pedals, got at least 5k miles on them, must say I really like them, I stripped them down a few weeks ago and the bearings are perfect tiny bit of play on the bushings but not worth changing. The Nylons are super lightweight if thats a thing.

impatientbull

I have the metal ones. Warrantied once and now retired/in the spare parts bin. In both instances when the outer bearings wore out the resultant play destroyed the bearings, scoring the axle and inner pedal in the process. The scoring then means that you can’t slide the rebuilt axle back in. I think it’s a design flaw. They now sell a pedal rebuild kit with a brass bushing instead of the outer bearings, so I guess I’m not the only one who has had issues. Other than that they’re nice pedals. They might come with the brass bushing as standard now.

andybrad

thoughts vs the boomslang pedals?

andybrad

ordered the oneup pedals

snotrag

Ditto the Oneup nylon / composites – I really like mine, nicer shape than others I’ve tried and to get the similar weight in an alloy pedal you’d have to spend an absolute fortune.

Plastic pedals definitely slide and shrug off rock strikes better than alloy ones do too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘one up pedals’ is closed to new replies.