Home Forums Chat Forum Old / Interesting / Weird Films On YouTube Or Similar

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Old / Interesting / Weird Films On YouTube Or Similar
  • walleater

I have Netflix, and have been known to obtain movies and the like via ‘other’ means but I’ve been discovering old and forgotten movies on YouTube. Old Hammer films like Hound Of The Baskervilles and similar. What other ‘classics’ might I be missing out on?!

mikey74
    Free Member

This is one of my favourite films of all time:

“There is not other God, Satan killed him”

markrh
    Free Member

Watched the original version of Moby dick on there the other day. Obviously the Whale scenes or a bit comical now but the rest of the film & Gregory peck’s captain Ahab is still impressive.
    By the way, is this Will who used to work in Mammoth? if so hows life in Canada these days?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Rob likes weird films! 🤗 🤗

A quick look shows both Holy Motors and Naked Lunch are available on YouTube.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

La cabina. Can be found on YouTube.

Brilliant. This was shown on BBC (only once I believe) a long time ago.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Pentagon Wars

lambchop
    Free Member

The Singing Ringing Tree or more on point the 1959 Mexican movie, Santa Claus. Both weird as f#ck

walleater

Thanks peeps!

Markrh, yep that’s me. Things are good thanks. Married….soon to be divorced….living in Squamish BC and doing what I did at Mammoth! It’s been a while but I’m thinking you are Greg’s Dad?

theotherjonv

Hound of the Baskervilles isn’t weird, it’s a classic.

39 Steps is a goody.

maccruiskeen

Harold and Maude

its kind of a role-reversed Lolita with the addition of multiple elaborately faked suicides.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Under the interesting/entertaining banner. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

maccruiskeen

A short rather than a feature but L’Argent Content / Easy Money – like the French Connection but on roller-skates and not quite what it seems to be.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I generally like them older and weirder than Hammer, which was standard fare when I were a lad. Here’s some goodoes ranging from spooky to weirdly strange:

Spooky:

This is very odd, with a local theme:

Lastly, a very weird tale (filmed over Dinas Mawddwy way) 8-part children’s series based on Alan Garner’s book of the same name. Gave me mightmares.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-JbmpPdSiHfTm10T0wFWSXmJtueF-q40

markrh
    Free Member

Hi Will. Yes you’re right, Greg’s dad. I’m still trundling about on the Chase, hasn’t changed much since you left the area but it has its charms. Not quite Squamish though…

athgray
    Free Member

I bit different any well away from the Hammer horror request of the OP but a classic that is freely available on Netflix is ‘Akira’. 30 years old now, but graphically stunning.

senorj

This is one of my faves of all time. Peggy Mount!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqkvDCP4xVk

bonzodog
    Free Member

Great thread :o)

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

bonzodog
    Free Member

This used to sh1t me up something rotten when I was a kid (particularly the opening theme)

eviljoe
    Free Member
    PrinceJohn

The Wasp Woman…

A whole playlist here…

walleater

Thanks again. Looks like plenty of entertainment for the rainy / snowy season. That open culture like is pretty rad.

funkmasterp

I sat through three quarters of Pulgasari on YouTube whilst really drunk. Communist Godzilla made by Kim Jong Il. I really wish someone would make a film about the making of it. It’s a tremendously bad film though.

eskay

This was weird, watched it as a kid, bought it on DVD a few years ago and it is still weird.

Pigface
    Free Member

hols2
    Free Member

takisawa2

I saw La Cabina years ago. Folk (rightly) thought me odd when I tried to describe it years later…
    I knew it wasn’t a figment of my imagination.

I watched The Fence, it actually captured the late 70’s / early 80’s perfectly.

dogbone

Akira Kurosawa’s Dreams

https://youtu.be/Ryg5K4qGHD4

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Old / Interesting / Weird Films On YouTube Or Similar’ is closed to new replies.