Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Nissan jukes
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

I hate the Juke because it’s a Nissan and I hate Nissan drivers, generally*

The type of driver that buys a Nissan Almeras, Micra, Juke, generally is a driver who is slow, steady, (annoyingly so), has no interest in driving and is usually poor at it IMO, for awareness of their actions on a road, their road position, timing, knowledge of the Highway Code (eg at roundabouts, dithering) they’re not dangerous as such, just frustrating.

That’s why I hate them. Oh, jukes seem to be squatting like a cat straining a log out too.

* quick Nissans not in this category but may be hated for other reasons, see Audi drivers, but that’s a whole other thread.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

add it to the list of cars that says “Hey I’m hip and with it and I like to do extreme stuff like surfing (the internet), mountain rock climbing (my door step), driving across deserts (there was once some sand on the end of my road after the builders had finished, that reminds me I must right a letter to the local paper about that one, now where did I leave my glasses, ah thats right on a chain round my neck) and all that.
    [img]http://images-2.drive.com.au/2010/09/06/1909472/Ford_Fiesta_SUV_Graphic_600-600×400.jpg[/img]

MrOvershoot

coolhandluke – Member

The type of driver that buys a Nissan Almeras, Micra, Juke, generally is a driver who is slow, steady, (annoyingly so), has no interest in driving and is usually poor at it IMO, for awareness of their actions on a road, their road position, timing, knowledge of the Highway Code (eg at roundabouts, dithering) they’re not dangerous as such, just frustrating.

+1000

This morning we had, car failing to move off on green twice! “Juke”. Car stopped at empty roundabout “Micra”. Monospeed x 2 Almera & Qashqai & finally indicating right in the right hand lane, turns left @ about 5mph “Almera Tino”

My passenger even remarked “obviously you only need a TV licence to drive a Nissan”

I wasn’t trying to drive fast as TBH I was early but it’s the general lack of awareness that anyone else is on the road, reinforced by the Micra driving along with its wing mirrors folded in!

Woody
    Free Member

Why all the Nissan hate? It’s only a car FFS and there are plenty round here (NE England), for fairly obvious reasons!

If you want a car to hate ie. one that is totally devoid of any style or design flair and is bought by people who look on a car a means of getting from A2B with scant regard for anyone or anything else going on around them, try a Honda Jazz!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can reveal that my Mum has owned Micras for ohhhh, 12 years now and she’s on her 5th. It’s a lovely car to drive, quiet, comfortable, lots of space in it for arthritic Oldies like my Mum. I can also reveal that she looked at one of those Juke thingies last year when her last Micra was up for changing, I wasn’t with her at the time my Sister was though. Once I found out my Mum was even considering one I flew so fast up to North Norfolk and wheeled her to the dealer and she drove another Micra out of the forecourt.
    It was close, very close.. 😳

richmtb

I just don’t really understand why you would pick a Juke over say a Fiesta.

A boggo 1.6 petrol Juke is over 15k. You can have a top spec Fiesta Titanium EcoBoost 125 for the same money.

I’ve driven both and the Fiesta is a cracking little car, the Juke is surprisingly harsh over bumps and rolls like a trawler in the corners.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Aren’t those ugly, impractical pugs driven by obese chavettes to the local Lidl?

Kahurangi

If you want a car to hate ie. one that is totally devoid of any style or design flair and is bought by people who look on a car a means of getting from A2B with scant regard for anyone or anything else going on around them, try a Honda Jazz!

It’s a great bike wagon – my Mrs used to be able to fit a whole bike inside with both wheels on, easily. Proper Tardis-like. Complete opposite to the Fiat up there ^^ which has the bike carrying capacity of a Yaris 😆

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep, they are in the same category as the Nissans mentioned. Usually same type of person buys them but they go for the perceived status of the Honda over the Nissan.

I think Honda spelled Jazz incorrectly too. Ran out of another vowel but had plenty of A’s left.

jordie
    Free Member

There is nothing wrong with Datsuns..

scaredypants

Now Range Rover Sports on the other hand, or whatever those silly RRs with the lower roofline are called…

I think that’s the Puque you’re thinking of

Honda Jazz is the slowest car on the roads near me, by a long stretch. I hired one once and it was quite a good drive, even fairly nippy 😯

oldboy
    Free Member

Even my GF thinks the Juke looks sh*t – end of discussion in my opinion 🙂

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I’ll have this one

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZbffdYDpKg[/video]

Just a shame it looks shit

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Nissan jukes’ is closed to new replies.