Home Forums Bike Forum New XTR Trail Pedals dust seal keeps popping out on right hand pedal

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New XTR Trail Pedals dust seal keeps popping out on right hand pedal
  • zinger
    Free Member

Hi

Anyone else had issues with  the dust seal popping out on on the new XTR trail pedals

I’ve tried pushing it back in with the end of zip tie – but the little bu**er keeps on coming back out again on every ride, tried putting a bit of grease on it as well and that’s not helped either

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Send them back. You shouldn’t have to do that on a new set. Shimano seem to have got worse over the years. They used to be bombproof.

deadweight
    Free Member

I’ve had the same problem and had 4 pairs of the new xtr trail pedals warrantied. Seems to be a problem shimano knows about, but doesn’t seem to be fixing?? Thinking of changing to the new xt trail pedals instead but they might have the same fault!

joebristol

Not good on a presumably expensive set of pedals. I’d send them back for warranty.

Especially as their cheap pedals just work and are relentlessly reliable.

damascus
    Free Member

I had that on one of my sets. I tried to undo it to rebuild them and the axle snapped. I sent them back for a refund.

I think from now on I’ll stick to xt. My 520s and 540s have all been bomb proof for years. Is the weight saving worth it?

zinger
    Free Member

finally got a set of new pedals as a warranty replacement – will stick them back on bike and see what happens

zinger
    Free Member

Never got fixed had another 2 sets under warranty they all did it !!! – in the end just got my money back and i’m back to using my old XT pedals

daver27
    Free Member

They used to do that on the originals. Shame, ace pedals otherwise. Shimano definitely going downhill over the last few years.

bella
    Free Member

Had the same on 2 sets. Warrantied both. In the end replaced them with the new xt version that are a few grammes heavier but have been faultless. Baffles me why Shimano have not fixed this and keep just sending them out especially at xtr level. Also refused to admit this is a known fault.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New XTR Trail Pedals dust seal keeps popping out on right hand pedal’ is closed to new replies.