Home Forums Chat Forum New VW Polo GTI – any good?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • New VW Polo GTI – any good?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Looking to change the old 320ci for something new and less big or thirsty.

Her indoors had a Golf GTI as a courtesy car last week which was lovely but would be out of budget which brought me to the idea of a Polo GTI.

Anyone have the new version of the Polo and any thoughts on practicality etc.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

are you sure you can’t afford a Golf on lease? Tend to be some very good deals out there.

regenesis
    Free Member

Cracking car.
    Talk to Keith at Central Vehicle Leasing.
    They have them for £201pm

MoreCashThanDash

Only £201 a month? Our mortgage was never that high! 😄

mooman
    Free Member

Colleague in work has recently got one; it looks nice.
    She is already complaining about fuel economy on it though.
    Being rather old – I too would be put off by the fuel consumption. 99% of my driving is stop start local visits or a 20 mile each way commute in stop start traffic each morning and evening .. I rarely get opportunity to go faster than 60mph for further than 3-4 miles, so a sporty engine wouldn’t be of benefit.

stevied
    Free Member

She is already complaining about fuel economy on it though.

My 320 does 27.3mpg 🙄

mikertroid
    Free Member

My 320 does 27.3mpg 

My E91 325i (3.0) does 27.7…. it is manual though.

The polo looks a nice number. I’ve got a Cupra with the same engine and 4wd and similar driving to my Beemer is giving 33-35mpg and its still running in.
    I’d imagine on a windy road it’s as rapid as most other cars as it’s that bit smaller and lighter.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Got a lift in one.
    Engine seemed good, dash/info/maps screen was really nice and had 5 lads in it for a couple of hours without being too uncomfortable.
    I was quite impressed. Seemed nicer than a 2016 Golf R I was in recently

Matt24k
    Free Member

Ford Fiesta ST is the class leader in the Polo segment. If you want something closer to a Golf but sub £25k take a serious look at the Hyundai i30N.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Ford Fiesta ST is the class leader in the Polo segment. If you want something closer to a Golf but sub £25k take a serious look at the Hyundai i30N.

Good point.

The FiST is quite hardcore though…the Polo might be a little softer for everyday driving.
    i30N great car by all accounts.

johndoh
    Free Member

And the Fiesta is a scrote-magnet too.

stevied
    Free Member

Wouldn’t want an ST, I’m a bit over 18.
    i30 is nearly £5k more than the Polo.

mjsmke

Don’t forget you probably wont get any kind of warranty with VAG group cars unless you are prepared to fight. A lot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘New VW Polo GTI – any good?’ is closed to new replies.