Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New Exposure support cell not charging
  • ads17
    Free Member

I recently bought a brand new Exposure support cell 3.4a and it does not seem to take a charge.
    When I plug the support cell into the charger the LED on the charger stays green rather than turn red to indicate charging as it does with my Diablo head torch and having tried it plugged into the Diablo there was no extension to the burn time.
    Can anyone confirm that when charging their support cell the LED on the charger goes red to indicate charging and then turns green when fully charged before I contact Exposure?

Yak

It’s already charged, or at least enough to get to the trickle bit. You don’t get more runtime- it just counts down slightly slower. The minutes are never minutes anyway – just a variable countdown timer.

Edit – sorry you said diablo. No screen on the back and no more run-time? Sounds duff. Or at least do another test in better temperatures first before you send it back. It should go to red on charge once depleted.

ads17
    Free Member

it’s been fully tested in the house, support cell connected to Diablo and then Diablo switched on and left till light goes out (burn time was not extended). Put the support cell on charge and led on charger still shows green. Tried this 2 or 3 times now with the same results.

whitestone
    Free Member

It might be the smart port on the Diablo. Do you have another Exposure light to check or can you get your hands on on?

johnnystorm

Do you still need to use an adaptor to charge the support cell? Depending on which way around the adapter is affects charging mine.

Yak

Call exposure then. Doesn’t sound right.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Depending on which way around the adapter is affects charging mine.

Mines works either way round , not sure why it would matter what way round it is unless it’s changed since day one. Mines just a female female connector no other trickery.

ads17
    Free Member

Yes it still has an adaptor to connect the charger to the support cell. My mate has brought his Diablo charger and adaptor into work today and it again shows the green led rather than red when plugging in, so seems to rule out being a charger/adaptor issue.
    I do have six pack too so may try plugging it into that and seeing if it does anything.

dlr

Looks like you need to turn SPT+ off on the port before it will accept charge from the support cell but it auto turns on so that seems like a right faff as you would ideally like to just plug the cell in and not have to do anything else?

https://exposurelights.com/pub/media/qs_guides/2019%20Exposure%20Helmet%20Light%20QS%20Guide%20v1.1.pdf

“SPT+ will automatically activate when the light is on.”

“NOTE: Ensure that SPT+ is deactivated before charging”

Might be wrong though..

Yak

Just plug the support cell in then turn the light on as the OP has done and the SPT is defaulted to off.

ads17
    Free Member

Update – So managed to borrow another Diablo head torch and support cell off a mate to figure out what was at fault with mine, torch, charger or support cell.
    Turned out indeed that my brand new support cell didn’t work!
    A bit frustrating but can’t fault Exposure’s customer service as I contacted them and sent it back, they received it late Monday afternoon and it was repaired (Circuitry Component) and it was back in my possession on the Wednesday morning and it is now working as expected.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New Exposure support cell not charging’ is closed to new replies.