Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • New BMW 1 series – Can you get a bike in the boot?
  • s

Looks like my new company car is going to be a new 116 series, that or a Mini, we don’t get much of a choice here 😉

Anyway, anyone got one of the new BMW 1 series (F20) yet, the new one is supposed to have a bigger boot than the Golf, not sure if thats true or not?

Just wondering if the boot will take a bike, think I know what the the answer will be, fold the rear seats down, or rack it. 😉

Would be nice to hear from someone who has one mind.

dashed

118d on a ’58 plate (so not the “new” shape, but can’t imagine they;’re that much different in size??) and back seats down to get a bike in. From memory I think I need to take both wheels out too, certainly did on the DH bike as the handlebars won’t turn as far due to the dual crown forks.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

You can get a bike in a Mini, of course you can get one in a 1-series.

Bimbler

If it’s like the old shape then you can with the seats down

Got mine in a fiat 500.

Used to put it on back seat of original (Not bmw) mini

Premier Icon philstone
    Subscriber

Got to be able to easily… I can get my 456 in my M Coupe – (not the M3)

Premier Icon toby1
    Subscriber

Had 2 bikes in the back of a mates BMW mini before – plus wheels and kit. Pretty sure the Onezee will fit a bike in just fine – wheels off mind!

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

These threads never cease to amaze me, how big do people think bikes are 😕

s

njee20 – Member

These threads never cease to amaze me, how big do people think bikes are

Why, how small do you think they are? 😕

Got one booked for a day now, so will be able to check & yes used to have a BMW Mini before and managed to do two bikes in the back with the seats down.

I_Ache

I interpreted the question to be will it fit in the boot with the seats up. I suspect the answer to that will be no not really. I can get a (long)bike in the boot of my focus but it has to be standing up and the parcel shelf has to come off. Its not good for the mech as a lot of pressure is put on it and I will only do it for short journeys every now and again.

Most cars will fit at least 1 bike probably 2 in the back with the seats down hell I can get 3 in mine and still have the 40% seat up and somebody in it. The only car I have ever had problems getting a bike in the back of is a 107/C1/Aygo. I ended up with the bar sticking through between the front seats and I still only just shut the back window.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘New BMW 1 series – Can you get a bike in the boot?’ is closed to new replies.