Home Forums Bike Forum New Bike Day – Ridley Kanzo Carbon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • New Bike Day – Ridley Kanzo Carbon
    midlifecrashes

The fourth brand new bike of my life so far! Ridley Kanzo Carbon Apex1 in size Large, from CRC’s current offer at £1420 delivered.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/p/ridley-kanzo-c-carbon-apex1-disc-gravel-bike-2022

I’ve been debating getting something nippier than my Fargo for a long time, but the price keeps rising on the new On-Ones and with the company in and out of woes lately I was hesitating. Then this popped up at lower price (Apex1 is cheaper, wheelset isn’t special, but CRC and brand name backup factors too) and here we are.

9.7kg on the luggage scale before pedals (CRC  included a welcome box with very draggy stiff axled plastic pedals, a nicer pedal spanner and multitool to get it together), I’ve thrown on some old pedals from the cellar, I wanted to see the colour in the flesh before ordering new ones.

I’ll ride it as is for a bit and then consider any pimping required. The bars are 420 and no real flare, and I think the tyres are a wired heavy version. My first time on SRAM double tap too. First ride after dinner if the rain holds off. Excited!

duncancallum

Oooh I’ve a kanzo adventure and love it.

That’s a bargain

twonks

Great bike. Our youngest bought one and loves it. Won’t tell you the price she got it for from Wiggle :D

We changed the tyres to the 38mm Terreno Mix TNT G2.0 and it makes for slightly better handling in all but the driest of terrain.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That looks good. Glad Ridley stopped putting as many logos as they could on their frames. That’s just how it should be.

bikerevivesheffield

What size/height?

midlifecrashes

It’s labelled Large, 56cm. I’m 6’1” , or 186cm.

First ride says it fits, but the saddle has to go. It’s got a tacky rubber finish that doesn’t allow you to move around on it, and was grabbing and bunching the fabric of my shorts. It’s a Selle Italia Model X and reviews are full of photos of chewed up bibshorts so it’s not just me.

It’s a lovely ride, smooth and quick, and the only thing I missed are my cross top levers.

tonyd

Looks lovely. I was very torn by Ridleys while researching a gravel purchase, was thinking about a Kanzo Fast but couldn’t find anywhere to test ride. (Ended up with a Cervelo which I’m very pleased with)

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Very nice , another brand using the carbonda 696 frames , Planet x freeranger, Dolan and a few more ,Great quality :)

Enjoy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.