Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Never Surrender – A Galaxy Quest documentary
  • Premier Icon eddiebaby

If you’ve seen the film Galaxy Quest you may understand why some folk rate it so highly.
    The documentary Never Surrender tries to explain why people love the film so much.
    Made by Screen Junkies, the guys behind the Honest Trailers series it is a labour of love from the guys. I finally saw it last night and I recommend any SF fan tracks it down.
    I watched it on Amazon Prime.

Premier Icon chevychase
    Free Member

That’ll be a watch. GQ is great 🙂

Unlike this bleeding forum, which asks for an agree to cookies every bloody time I logon and forgets my logon details every other day 🙁

Premier Icon JAG
    Free Member

I watched Galaxy Quest again t’other evening. It was on one of the Sony film channels on Freeview.

Still very, very good plus Sigourney of course ;o)

Premier Icon eddiebaby

Yep, a bit of a classic.

Acclaimed writer-director David Mamet, in his book Bambi vs. Godzilla: On the Nature, Purpose, and Practice of the Movie Business, included Galaxy Quest in a list of four “perfect” films, along with The Godfather, A Place in the Sun and Dodsworth.

Premier Icon ElShalimo
    Free Member

By Grabthar’s Hammer…

Premier Icon Drac

Oooh! I’ll take a look.

GQ has never asked about my cookies but no matter as my daughter makes nice ones.

Premier Icon montylikesbeer

Its a great film which rips the back out of science fiction staples of over complex ships interiors and other such nonsense.

Tim Allen’s nod to William Shatner is very funny.

Premier Icon zilog6128

Acclaimed writer-director David Mamet, in his book Bambi vs. Godzilla: On the Nature, Purpose, and Practice of the Movie Business, included Galaxy Quest in a list of four “perfect” films, along with The Godfather, A Place in the Sun and Dodsworth.

that is high praise indeed! I saw it at the cinema originally and enjoyed it but not seen it again since, probably time for a rewatch! I liked that it was a parody of ST but not a piss-take.

Premier Icon ElShalimo
    Free Member

It was the first film I saw Sam Rockwell in and as usual he steals nearly every scene

Premier Icon gobuchul
    Free Member

Ms Weaver in her prime. She was 50 when she made that movie!

Premier Icon Drac

Ah! £4.49 I’ll skip.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

Was on 5Star the other week. You may be able to get it on catch-up.

Sigourney is the best.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg

Recorded it when it was on channel 5 a few weeks ago, very good view

Premier Icon footflaps

I like GQ, but I’m surprised its made anyone ‘Perfect films’ list. It’s OK, but nothing amazing IMHO.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.