Home Forums Bike Forum National Road Champs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • National Road Champs
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

Can I just have a teeny moan that while the men’s champs were televised at 7 on Saturday evening, the women’s were televised at 12.05 at night. Why not show them both in the same programme? It’s not even as though a load of nobodies are competing in the women’s event!!

proteus
    Free Member

because no-one is interested in women’s sport.

HTH.

sofatester
    Free Member

I wish the above post wasn’t the reality.

mrsflash
    Free Member

No one interested in the current world and olympic champion? No one interested in arguably Britain’s most sucessful ever cyclist? Let alone Silver olympic Time Trial medalist, winner of the Montreal World cup, winner of the Tour Feminin. Or Lizzie A, upandcoming star of track and road…

Bloody disgrace.

shoefiti
    Free Member

because no-one is interested in women’s sport.

Your forgetting also that no one at all is interested in cycling, in fact most people i know play tennis in their spare time, or play golf. This is why there is really busy forums for amature tennis players, and there are loads of golf club shops in my town. and on any given saturday you can see loads of kids of all classes up the local downs practising their swing!

Oh hang on is that right?

proteus
    Free Member

No one interested in the current world and olympic champion? Let alone Silver olympic Time Trial medalist, winner of the Montreal World cup, winner of the Tour Feminin. Or Lizzie A, upandcoming star of track and road…
    nope. most women’s sport just isn’t as good quality as the men.

No one interested in arguably Britain’s most sucessful ever cyclist?
    was beryl burton riding then? 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

cooke is much more successful on a world level than BB was though 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘National Road Champs’ is closed to new replies.