Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 589 total)
  • My Sick! experance
  • neilforrow

Short story really – ordered a frame off them (raw Wulf) June / July 2018. They kept promising but it didn’t materialise – its over 6 months now. James, their sales rep was nice enough and responded to my emails asking where it is, but it was clear they had supply issues.

I have ended up going through paypal as a dispute (they didn’t respond to) and just received a refund. Leaves a bad taste all round.

As someone who runs their own firm, I’m surprised at the lack of urgency – not filling an order is not a great path to be on.

Sick – if you do read this (I hope you do as my emails didn’t seem to get anywhere) – you lost a customer with this one, which is a shame really. Seems you are absolute pro’s at social media, and prototypes, but not-so-much at actual delivery of product. Genuinely, I’d like to hear what you have to say on it.

I’ll go get a P7 or BFe now, but thats not the point.

Stealth ad bit – if you have a *long, low, slack, 650b, 142 / boost rear / large frame for sale, let me know!

jam-bo

#hater 😉

simondbarnes

They said that they didn’t want customers from this forum. Seems it’s true 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

if you have a *long, low, slack, 650b, 142 / boost rear / large frame for sale, let me know!

i could be tempted to part with my large Orange clockwork 129* frame in mountain mint

*i’ve had a 650b x 3″ tyre/wheel in the back

Poopscoop

This could get interesting. How did it end on that thread where some of the Sick guys were paying on it ages back?

tomhoward

It’s not for you, you were never a real customer anyway, now **** off you miserable ****. As I’ve been told by the owner on FB. (I’d dared to suggest that 2 people committing to buy frames (that didn’t yet exist, still don’t to my knowledge) wasn’t perhaps a great reason to say how successful a campaign was, though iirc it did get funded in the end, 4 frames, and a ton of T-shirt’s)

I was sad to see that the Gnarpoon, the bike they reckon is what made them want to start a company, hasn’t been fully funded, with only 4 people committing to buy a frame, despite an army of social media fanbois.

Still, they sold a ton of T-shirt’s, so job done.

spawnofyorkshire

They said that they didn’t want customers from this forum. Seems it’s true 🙂

When was that? Seems a bit short-sighted if actually true and not tongue in cheek

butterbean
    Free Member

[sick]basically you’re a **** **** ******* *** **** ******, you should be grateful, we’re living the dream dude, printing t-shirts, sticking it to the industry, we’re awesome. Buy our sh*t. PS, we can’t ride for toffee[/sick]

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

OP if I recall correctly Sick! said singletrack forum members are not the sort of customers they want, so you only have yourself to blame. Silly OP

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll go and have my dinner and come back in an hour to see how this progresses and to see if they’ve posted something on Instagram moaning about people moaning.

They seem a good bet if you want a tie die t-shirt, some socks or a gold, jewel encrusted stem though? I thought that fad had passed us by once NYC Freeride went south.

tomhoward

Which is weird, as there are a couple of customers on here, as well as a rep

Poopscoop

Just read this, regarding that frame on their webby.

Please note, we can offer this incredible price due to the preorder nature of this frame. Full global delivery will be circa 1st Feb 2019. By purchasing this you agree to honour this. You may not cancel your order unless delivered after 1st Feb 2019. If you are unsure. Do not buy. If you want a bargain, what are you waiting for?

Just thought it was interesting. Believe me, I’m not sticking up for that company!!

tomhoward

That’s the limited edition AM, I assume the op ordered a standard one?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

#popcorn

Poopscoop

Oh, sorry, didn’t notice that!

neilforrow

Tom’s got it; I ordered a standard frame, but TBF they have recently started adding that sort of note to all pre-order frames. When I ordered mine the website notes a 3 to 4 week wait, not 6 months.

I’d add, I’m not here to slate them, but note the fact I didn’t get my order and no real reason why. Social media is where they seem to hang out, so hopefully someone at he actual business end of Sick! gets to read this. Maybe even pass comment, but from comments above it seems they have little time for this forum – that said, this forum is how I came across them and someone on here has a pinion hardtail off them thats nice and got me looking further.

tomhoward

I think they are realising that building and selling bikes/frames is a lot more difficult than selling T-shirt’s. They stopped selling Ti stuff because of all the paperwork & getting companies to make the frames in downtime, then delivering on time. Looks like it’s a similar issue now. Maybe if the focused on one frame design and getting That production refined, before doing others, might be better, rather than dozens of special editions and limited runs, it might not be as bad. But then they wouldn’t constantly have anything new (or renderings anyway) for insta, which fuels the kids getting excited and buying the T-shirt’s.

Rubber_Buccaneer

someone on here has a pinion hardtail off them

That could be me. Ordered 24/10/2017 (full payment up front) chased weekly from the beginning of January then non delivery raised through PayPal on 13/02/2018. For me this got some attention and I collected the frame and gearbox from their stand at the London Bike Show on 23/02/2018.

Was a good price for a Ti Pinion hardtail

stevied
    Free Member

Just had a look on their Insta. WTF is that stem?
    A lot of thought went into that..not!!

chakaping
    Free Member

Was a good price for a Ti Pinion hardtail

Was worth all that grief?

How confident are you feeling about their CS if you have any issues?

Asking without prejudice, not a #hater, but you and the OP’s stories do seem a bit ominous.

longmover
    Free Member

I ordered a raw Wülf in May, frame turned up in December but in the wrong colour. After emailing them straight away I was told quickly that they would look into it, plenty of one way emails to them since with no response until I put a message up on Facebook during the week, I got a message from them to tell me they were looking into it, radio silence since. I still have the wrong colour frame in my living room.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Was worth all that grief?

I wouldn’t do it again. I’d rather pay a little more and know exactly what I was getting

How confident are you feeling about their CS if you have any issues?

I’m not confident. Any problem with the gearbox and I will get in touch with Pinion, any problem with the frame and I will get in touch with Sick but they have set my expectations very low

tomhoward

I still have the wrong colour frame in my living room.

Neil, what colour did you want again? I may have a solution for you both….

longmover
    Free Member

He wanted a Raw just like me

tomhoward

Ahhshit. As you were.

rene59
    Free Member

Do they actually sell any bikes? I thought they were just a hook to get you in to buy their tshirts.

neilforrow

RB – yer it was your bike… nice that.
    longmover – sounds like I’m not the only one then. Feel your pain!

When it rains…

andybrad

wouldn’t touch with someone else’s stick…

longmover
    Free Member

Neil, the bright side for me I have a frame in the correct size just the wrong colour, it is one of the champagne ones they did and the colour is minging. As far as I’m concerned they are not getting it back until they send me one in the correct colour.

cokie

Longmover, is it actually as advertised?
    What’s the weight & quality like?
    Condiering they’ve been round for a year and a half, I’ve only ever seen 2 bikes bought by real people not from Sick. I think everyone else has some socks & a lighter..

Sick have turned their business model upside down a few times.
    They started with the monthly drops- I like this idea. Pretty unique.
    Then they scrapped that when they hit supply issues and offered all kinds of duplicate frames. Followed by stripping it down to a few frames and no Ti. Then looking at monthly drops again, and now back to a standard model of a few different frames (but most still pre-order..).

They lost me when they started having sales. They categorically stated they would never have a sale, as to make it fair for existing customers. They then go ahead and offered massive discounts (frames), and continue to overstock and have further sales (clothing & miscellaneous). I’ve bought a few t-shirts. jumpers and almost a frame. That’s stopped for good.

andybrad

im really hoping he says its a beautifully made artisan frame the like of which will never be seen again.

mccraque

Shame to read this as is a local company to me. As far as I am aware (and my riding buddy has seen a purple Sick bike propped against a wall in the park) – they are now offering demos in Stanmer Park.

So how does that work if they have nothing to sell? Free teeshirt with every demo?

longmover
    Free Member

It’s alright actually, paint is really thin though. I can’t tell you how straight it is as it’s still in the box.

cb

longmover – if you have paid and they have supplied you with a frame – what do you think is going to happen? If they are as bad as they sound they’ll just ignore you. You might want to return that frame if its the wrong colour.

chakaping
    Free Member

I agree with cb, I’d be all over them like a cheap rash.

andybrad

id be either writing the money off or contacting trading standards.

tomhoward

If he sends it back, they have the frame and his money and may still ignore him. Depending on how he paid will depend on how much protection he has for getting his money back.

Can you pop in to sort it out?

jamj1974

I believe some of their new bikes are being manufactured by Frank The Welder. Regardless of Sick bikes – his work is fantastic.

nickc

WTF is that stem?

I know, fabulous isn’t it? I can’t work out if they’ve lost a bet, or are about to win one. 🙂

philxx1975
    Free Member

I believe some of their new bikes are being manufactured by Frank The Welder. Regardless of Sick bikes – his work is fantastic.

They seem to be top BLAG.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 589 total)

The topic ‘My Sick! experance’ is closed to new replies.