Home Forums Bike Forum My longest day off road – with pics!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • My longest day off road – with pics!
  • mintimperial

I’ve only ridden it in the dry before and and didn’t remember a hole but I suppose it fills with mud when it’s wet.

It’s new, it wasn’t there this summer – the slabs weren’t there until this summer either! It was an unrideable rutty boggy mess in a few places, so overall it’s an improvement, but if people are hitting the deck because of a sneaky hole directly caused by the repairs something needs doing really. I’ve not seen it myself cos I’ve not been up there for a couple of months now, but I think I’ll go and take a look at it when I get chance. I’ll take some pics and see if I can find someone at the estate office to talk to about it.

scotroutes

Excellent. There’s something supremely satisfying about actually travelling through the countryside rather than just going round in circles 🙂

cuckoo
    Free Member

Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like you have some good routes around there.

MarkSS
    Free Member

Nice one.

Yup that 1st set of slabs on the marsden descent has a hub sinker puddle immediately before the 1st slab. I fell victim end of October – OTB into the surrounding bog & counted my blessings for not landing on the slabs.

iainc

Looks a good route for a CX bike

scotroutes

😆

robdob
    Free Member

I hit the slabs and the bike landed on top of me! Feel like I’ve been beaten up today….. 😉

Thankfully 25 years of falling off MTB’s meant I had just time to roll rather than do a KERSPLAT on the slabs. 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘My longest day off road – with pics!’ is closed to new replies.