Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)
  • My daughter has coated cat with Sudocrem – what to do?
  • Markie
    Free Member

So, my daughter has just applied a liberal coating of Sudocrem to our very hairy cat. I’d like to make this go as well as it can for the cat, what should I do? I have tried wiping it off without any success.

Coyote
    Free Member

Oh dear…

druidh
    Free Member

Take a photo?

Slogo
    Free Member

get the cat in the bath and wash it off. try not to rub it in.

Pics of your patchy pussy please.

khani
    Free Member

Poidh…

scaled
    Free Member

baby wipes are pretty much the answer to everything sudocrem related in our house.

rusty90
    Free Member

Wipe baby’s bottom with cat. Two birds, one stone.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think your cat would be more traumatised by being put in the bath than having to lick off its own sudocrem to be honest. Do not do this.

Wipes or a damp soapy flannel.

Actually – vet. Seriously. It will lick itself, you need to know the medical view on this.

philconsequence
    Free Member

did a full on lol at the thread title.

when i say lol, i mean the real world version which is breathing out of my nose harder as my head moves slighty backwards

rocketman
    Free Member

Must be a pretty easy-going cat 🙂

Ours would’ve left a few blood-stained parts of the miscreant’s carcass outside the kitchen door and the remains under the hedge.

Good luck!

GregMay
    Free Member

Please take a photo before you do anything.

glupton1976
    Free Member

High five your daughter.

crikey
    Free Member

Brilliant..

Trying to be sensible through the giggles, the cat will either ingest a considerable amount of the Sudocrem or what ever you take it off with. I’d try with something olive oily, but then you’ll end up with a slippy cat.

The poos will be novel too..

If the cat will tolerate it, baby wipes and combing..

irelanst
    Free Member

It’s not toxic, but could give the cat the runs.

We’ve been told it’s OK on our dog by the vet when she gets the occasional sore and she just licks it straight off without any ill effects.

wwaswas

Our white cat got covered in oil under a car.

This lead to the memorable words to my boss;

“I need to go home and Swarfega the cat.”

I tried, got ripped to shreds and gave up and the vet did it under general anaesthetic.

I suggest you cut out the fighting, pain and general ‘chasing a reluctant cat around the bathroomness’ of my approach and go straight to the vets.

tessayates
    Free Member

when i say lol, i mean the real world version which is breathing out of my nose harder as my head moves slighty backwards

I LQTM.

allthepies
    Free Member

Could have been worse.

i.e. Veet.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I would say you need to remove the sudocrem ASAP before the cat licks it off as I can’t imagine that doing it much good.

In our case that would involve me getting into one of those chainmail suits used by shark feeders and attempting to bath the cat.

Maybe speak to a vet for advice on whats best to use – there may be cat shampoo available. Our 14 year old cat would kick my head in if i attempted to shampoo it.

soobalias
    Free Member

best thread title ive read in ages.

the mental images are fantastic

(not a cat lover)

PICS

rocketman
    Free Member

“I need to go home and Swarfega the cat.”

😆

In our case that would involve me getting into one of those chainmail suits used by shark feeders and attempting to bath the cat.

Or one of these

binners

maccruiskeen

The punchline is his Daughter is 26

Markie
    Free Member

Right.

I have photos (they will have to wait to be posted as I can’t reach my host using the iPad…) and have contacted the vet (good call molgrips, thanks).

The vet said I have to “firmly rub” the cat with fairy liquid and then bathe it 🙁

Thankfully the cat is very docile – I have never known her even hiss – but this may be a step too far. We shall see. She is currently sitting outside looking sorry for herself in a ‘teenager with too much hairgel and not enough of a clue’ style.

As for high fiving, regrettably the first thing I did was laugh :/

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Phone the vet and ask for advice or you could try and brush it out, our long haired soft lump loves a good brush, he will also tolerate a bath (kind of :?)

wwaswas

the first thing I did was laugh

she’ll be doing it daily now “‘cos it made Daddy laugh” 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Slippy cat in bath covered in Fairy Liquid.

Seriously, what could possibly go wrong?

Video is a must…

rocketman
    Free Member

The vet said I have to “firmly rub” the cat with fairy liquid and then bathe it

Again, good luck with that let us know how it goes

I have to rugby tackle ours and pin it down just to put some flea treatment on the back of its neck.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Have a look on youtube at ‘how to disable a cat’ – it may help when cleaning it off. 8)

(for those lazy people, it involves a bulldog clip, the cats neck and a natural reaction). 😆

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d def go with the baby wipes to start with, can just stroke it with them rather than upset it rubbing something in.

wwaswas

if you go down they DIY route put a bathmat in the bottom of the bath.

It’s amazing how much damage a cats claws can do to even an enamel bath finish whilst its legs are running at 30mph and you’ve still got it pinned to the bottom of the bath.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think your cat would be more traumatised by being put in the bath than having to lick off its own sudocrem to be honest.

my mother used to shampoo the cat in the bath if he needed it – cat had no problems with it so give it a try.

theotherjonv

if you scruff the cat she’ll go limp; it’s a built in kitten carrying reflex.

Just don’t relax the grip, because although the cat’s ‘paralysed’ while you do this, the resentment isn’t, that’s building and waiting for a chance to vent. When you do finally let go – run like hell, and DON’T LOOK BACK

crikey
    Free Member

Don’t waste water either; get the dishes in the bath too.

davetrave
    Free Member

The vet missed the opportunity for a very amusing Mrs Slocombe-style double entendre there –

The vet said I have to “firmly rub” the pussy

would have been so much more (mildly) amusing…

molgrips
    Free Member

You won’t wash it off, btw.

ski
    Free Member

Have you got a wirlpool bath, if so, stick a stack of washing up liquid in the bath, turn the taps on, start the motors, fling the cat in, then slam the door shut to the bathroom, wait until you see bubbles coming out of the top of the bathroom door, then stand back and open the door…

Video camera at the ready 😉

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Lock catflap, so cat stays out till its clean

Job Jobbed! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

scaredypants

shave it, allowing still more innuendo-laden posts

– off to google –

😯

maccruiskeen

Have a look on youtube at ‘how to disable a cat’

good point – cats have an off-switch. Wish I’d known the bulldog clip trick when I still had cats – then trying to clean melted marshmallow off them would have been much less bloody

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘My daughter has coated cat with Sudocrem – what to do?’ is closed to new replies.