Home Forums Bike Forum MTB Strength Training Systems or Fit4racing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB Strength Training Systems or Fit4racing
  • raincloud
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of using training plans from MTB strength Training (james wilson) or Fit4racing. Im looking to change things up this winter

Both seem similar but MTB strength Training reads like a scam website (obviously not but the whole “get all of this for only X amount ” puts me off). In additon Fit4racing seems like MTB related crossfit (not sure I want to join a cult…)

Dont get me wrong I like the gym and lifting just want some real experience of what you get for the money.

Or should I just do my usual 5X5 in the gym over winter and ride my bike more.

whitestone
    Free Member

Not used either of the plans you’ve mentioned but TrainerRoad have some freely available strength training plans (well basic guides on what you need to do) https://www.youtube.com/trainerroad, there’s also a thread or two on their forums at https://forum.trainerroad.com/ but can’t find it at the moment – search (it works properly) for “gym” or “strength-training”.

There was a GMTB video where they visited Nino Schurter, his workout routine looked a little “hard” –

kimbers

I got the 40+ James Wilson one for my 40th

It’s pretty good, the Ryan leech yoga videos come with it too

With 4 young kids, work etc I have no chance of getting to the gym
    I do 1 night ride a week & try & do 2 workouts & 1 yoga session, evenings during the week.

It does help, but you have to put the effort in!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I’ve followed James Wilson and used some of his exercises from his pdf. I did feel it helped but I never stuck to the exercise program regularly. I just am not disciplined.

i guess it depends what your goal is – do you race often if so a planned program maybe more beneficial.

kimbers

Yeah I slacked off last year, but I’m planning to start again 1st of Dec to stave off the winter laziness

richwak
    Free Member

I’ve used James Wilson’s training for the last few years. It easy easy to follow with videos to show how to do the exercises. They are all bike specific and build up from nothing gradually to prevent injuries. I noticed a huge improvement of both my confidence and all round fitness. I also started the programme with a chronic bad low back which has now completely gone.
    I would highly recommend but follow the plan, I do two sessions in the gym a week, and you see the benefits.

Loughan
    Free Member

I got the 40+ program which I’m pretty pleased with. Checkout his podcast too. He’s passionate about his subject and I think if you take out what you want and leave the more out there aspects then it’s definitely worth a listen

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’d recommend MTB Strength Factory as a coach. I used Ben as my trainer when I was racing enduro. I had used MTB Strength Training Systems but Ben was better for me.

footflaps

Or buy Joe Friel’s MTB Training Bible and follow the guides in that….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB Strength Training Systems or Fit4racing’ is closed to new replies.