Home Forums Bike Forum MTB routes/ clubs around New Mills/Hayfield

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • MTB routes/ clubs around New Mills/Hayfield
  • thatwhatshesaid
    Free Member

Hi,

I live in new mills and work in hathersage and am looking to do some more mid week MTB rides – are there any clubs or groups around that meet up in the evenings (weekends are usually spent rock climbing)? Thursdays being the sweetspot

Used to cycle on the road a lot, mtbing is a bit newer to me. Rocking a hardtail if that matters. Route inspiration is also great.

Thanks

crazy-legs

Hayfield Hub (search for them on Facebook).
    There’s actually a few forumites in / around the area. I’m NM too, a fair number around Marple / Hayfield area.

I know @thegeneralist was doing some rides around here when he was practicing for his Ride Leader qualification, he may still be around…?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Aha. Cheers James.

There was indeed a WhatsApp group created off the back of some evening rides that I did.

Alas I haven’t attended much since that original point as getting across from Timperley is such a PITA at 5pm.
    However Simon, Simon, Jon and Iain have been getting out a lot more regularly as they live a lot closer to the good riding.

PM me your phone number and I’ll add you to the group.

IHN

There’s actually a few forumites in / around the area. I’m NM too, a fair number around Marple / Hayfield area.

Yep, quite a few, me included (Disley, I’m one of said Simons), and a sorta kinda regularish Wednesday evening ride co-ordinated through said WhatsApp group (and any other night/day that anyone fancies going out.

Thursday don’t work for me unfortunately, I’ve got Scouts.

thatwhatshesaid
    Free Member

Oh sweet!

I’ll drop you a message now :)

Thanks everyone for the replies

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Done.
    As a side note, how bloody infuriating is it that you can’t just add a phone number to a wa group, but need to add them as a contact to your phone first.

Whatsthatallabout?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘MTB routes/ clubs around New Mills/Hayfield’ is closed to new replies.