Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Mountian biking in Tuscany
  • nicollow

Im off to Italy in a week, specifically to Lucca in Tuscany. I was wondering if anyone knew a good source for riding routes, or has anyone been and knows of any decent off road rides? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks

amatuer

Bike round the mediaeval wall, park up and spend the rest of the week eating, drinking and staying cool with loads of icecream. 8)

nicollow

Haha, yeah thats the fall back!! Ive been a few times and am finding it tricky to find any info on off road routes as everyone there is into roadie stuff…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Very hard to do anything active when in Tuscany – I go there often and as much as I like the idea of riding there – it never happens 🙂

Eggbox
    Free Member

There are a couple of decent looking bike shops in Lucca, they will probably have some advice…although you may need to speak a little Italian. I found opening times to be a little sporadic plus Italy 'closes' for August if you are still there.

I have rode north of Lucca around the Camporgiano area. There were a few nice trails but access was often confusing/cheeky. The roads are great though, steep with switch backs galore.

jonathan
    Free Member

I've ridden and walked in Tuscany, although in hillier areas than that. With a good map I found it fairly easy to get some routes together – the Kompass ones are OK. Even better if you can find any CAI (Club Alpino Italiano) guide books/maps for the area they are excellent with good maps plus text descriptions of routes.

patentlywill
    Free Member

patentlywill
    Free Member

plenty of biking around – check these peole out – I've not used them but have heard recommendations

http://www.garfagnanaadventures.com/2.htm

You can also just make soemthing up on the "white roads" or Strada bianchi old farm, roads.- this gives an idea

Mountain bike in Val D’Orcia (Tuscany),Italy

woodey
    Free Member

I would suggest a road-bike, italian maps and trails can be very…….italian 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Mountian biking in Tuscany’ is closed to new replies.