Home Forums Bike Forum Mobi V17 Jet Washer – Charging Problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mobi V17 Jet Washer – Charging Problems
  • trevmccdonald
    Free Member

The Mobi V17 is Appalling

If they were reliable they would make bike washing a lot easier, but they’re not. They fail to charge after a few months use.
    I plug the charger in and all I get is the green charged light not the red charging light. I’ve had 4 of those now and the same problem has happened to all of them.
    The warranty is out on this one now and instead of paying another £80 for a new one, has anyone managed to solve this problem ?

drnosh
    Free Member

Can you get the battery out and test that by itself?

zerocool

Mines still going strong after >10 years. Battery seems to hold it’s charge although I mainly run if off the cigarette lighter in the van.

Main problem is getting spares for it nowadays.

milky1980
    Free Member

Mine’s been faultless in 2 years of hard use, best bike-related gadget I’ve bought.  Are you running the battery right down before you charge it?  It’s best to recharge it after every use or two as the battery isn’t a deep cycle one.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Chucked mine after 2 years when it had the same problem.  Looked like the charging port on it had corroded when I had a look.

Looking at getting one of those Worx ones,

trevmccdonald
    Free Member

I’ve just found out that the reason my mobi V17 jet washers have all failed is that the charging port has corroded.

The problem is entirely the charging port. Not the battery or the charger.

Anyone know how to prevent this from happening ?

I’ve ordered a new one for £80 as there doesn’t seem to be a suitable alternative (I’m sure I’ll end up making a warranty claim and end up getting two Mobis for my £80 but that will probably only get me through a year and a half, going offthe current rate!)

johnw1984
    Free Member

I just bought one of those Worx Hydroshot instead. I’d have mine for nearly 3 years before it stopped charging due to a corroded port.

The Hydroshot is miles better! Feels closer to the power of a jet wash without being too powerful.

milky1980
    Free Member

I just spray mine with some WD40 every once in a while.  If it does stop working due to a corroded connector you can get the part for a few quid and it only takes 5 mins with a soldering iron to fix.  Just checked mine and it’s looking like new.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mobi V17 Jet Washer – Charging Problems’ is closed to new replies.