Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Mint Sauce Keyring….anyone got theirs
  • monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Got the MBUK may today. Nice freebee with the Sauce Keyring.

Anyone else got one?

Northwind

I’m considering gettign a second one and making some cufflinks

andyrm
    Free Member

Yup, got mine yesterday. Nice keyring, and bloody impressive to be celebrating MBUK’s 30th anniversary!

vongassit
    Free Member

Holds up hand (Sheepishly)

angeldust
    Free Member

Has anyone asked the designer if he is happy for them to be copied?

thepodge
    Free Member

Is the mag worth getting regardless of the keyring?

Riksbar

I’ve got one, do you want to borrow it?

Scarily I’ve been my first bike is a 1988 model so I’ve been riding for 30 years :-0

CountZero

I was only thinking about that the other day! I thought I might have missed it, I’ll pop into town tomorrow on my way home and see if Smiffs have still got any left.

Northwind

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>thepodge
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Is the mag worth getting regardless of the keyring?

TBH it’s not an especially good issue.

</div>

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Picked up the mag on a Friday at the airport Enroute to Andorra for the WC… chuffed on all fronts

Rubber_Buccaneer

Holds up hand (Sheepishly)

Like it 😀 me too

TBH it’s not an especially good issue.

And given we’re talking about MBUK that’s rather damning.  I like that they got JoB in the mag but the interview in Cranked was better

ferrals
    Free Member

Yeah got one. Disappointed in the mag to be honest, thought there could be a lot more for a thirtieth anniversary edition

teethgrinder

Yeah got one. Disappointed in the mag to be honest, thought there could be a lot more for a thirtieth anniversary edition

Like a 1990 issue of the mag?

onehundredthidiot

Yep got mine at airport on the way to girona. Key ring and first bit of gravel biking with routes supplied by the shop’s spanner monkey (meant as a term of endearment) as opposed to the official “buy our route guides” highlights of the day, lowlights reading the mag twice for content.  Was hoping for a the best places we’ve ridden in the 30 years pull out maybe a top 30 best places.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Bought a 3month sub . for a fiver a couple of months back ..this was the second copy .

As a subscriber I got a special ” antique ” key ring ..so obvs I keeping it in its packaging cos it might be worth about a fiver in another 30 years ..😎😁

CountZero

Popped into Asda in Melksham on my way home, I don’t finish until 7pm this week, and they had several copies, first one I picked up, someone had nicked the keyring! Second copy was complete, so I can add the keyring to my mint Mint original keyring! 😬

DezB
    Free Member

Is it ok to buy it for the magazine and throw the keyring away?

nwmlarge
    Free Member

The magazine is pretty disappointing tbh, once you have done a year of reading them it becomes nonsense to buy more as the articles are out of date and repetitive.

I have a short sub for which I got a nice multi tool, cancelling shortly, will re-sub when a decent gift is offered again.

Bring back DIRT

choppersquad
    Free Member

I’d have preferred a pair of socks.

AlexSimon

Thanks for the reminder – just picked mine up from my local tin pot newsagent.
    Looking forward to some reminiscing.

I’d been reading everything about mountain biking I could get my hands on for about a year when I got my first mountain bike. Then MBUK came out a month or two later. A great time to be involved in a sport.

lunge

Just picked up a copy, my first MBUK in about 10 years I reckon, perhaps more. It’ll be a nice wee read on the train home I hope.

sbob
    Free Member

I’d have preferred a pair of socks.

Summer special, 1992. Had the superbike review of the Mountaingoat Whisky Town racer, Manitou FS, Funk and I think Alpinestars AlMega XTR.

I still have the socks.

ferrals
    Free Member

Like a 1990 issue of the mag?

a bit more history would have been nice! They said there was an article on JMC and it was a couple of paragraphs! Actually, replicating a few classic articles from the past in a bumper edition would be cool!

russyh
    Free Member

Bought it for lounging by the pool stock, read it in about 35 minutes.  Complete tosh really loads of ads, nothing of interest.  Nice key ring

rocketman
    Free Member

…someone had nicked the keyring!

Same in Asdar Stafford

AlexSimon

Mountaingoat Whisky Town racer

ooh – with the wiggle wire paint job?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Mint Sauce Keyring….anyone got theirs’ is closed to new replies.