• This topic has 123 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by twonks.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Members discounts
    Mark

Interested to know what you think about the new discount service we’ve bought in to add to your membership feature list.

cheers_drive

If the discounts are genuinely good then why not, especially on bike related goods.

However, I did click on the everyday rewards and was taken to another site. These type rewards sites are everywhere, commonly given as employee perks but most are poor value. A quick search on 2 of the appliances on offer found them available at many outlets for much less.
    This doesn’t do the Singletrack brand any favours.

lister

I clicked to get the email then had to do some work (!). When I opened the email the link had expired already which was annoying.
    It feels there are some hoops to jump through but I haven’t really investigated further since then.

reeksy

Took a bit of navigating but had a look at the Garmin 40% deal. Looks good to me.

Mark

That isn’t another site. It’s the same provider of the discounts – it’s just a link to their direct shopping section. The discounts are negotiated directly with the brands and so they may not always be cheaper than some retailers who put them on sale.

In the account section (top right corner) there’s a link that allows you to suggest a brand that you’d like to see added to the list (There are over 19k already). I’ve added some recommendations already and the response from the EZ team is very quick.

leffeboy

yep, did’t see anything exciting.  Garmin up to 40% off but a quick look seems to imply 3 quid off a 200 quid watch (roughly).  Interesting for the occasional look but just as likely to find deals elsewhere

Mark

I clicked to get the email then had to do some work (!). When I opened the email the link had expired already which was annoying.

That’s because the EZ system needs to verify you are a current subscriber. There is a connection (API) to our database so that they can make that verification. Since members come and go and cancellations of memberships happen automatically at any time of the day, there does need to be a time limit on that link so that we can make sure that only full members can access the system.

dickydutch

I have tried email verification a couple of times now Mark, but haven’t received any links yet? (tried yesterday and this morning I think). Nothing in junk/spam etc. Are you able to confirm its been sent out please?

jameso

I can’t find the Aldi 3.8% off voucher? Got the link but couldn’t see it there. Interested as there’s one near me.

twistedpencil

Flagged up a potential dodgy site when I tried it….

Rubber_Buccaneer

Looks similar to what old employers have offered. Sometimes a good deal, sometimes not but always worth a check before buying something

Mark

Flagged up a potential dodgy site when I tried it….

It definitely isn’t. It uses a subdomain of SIngletrackworld.com which can sometimes trigger stuff like this, but it’s the same system behind the Blue Light discount scheme that is available to employees in the NHS and emergency services.

rugbydick

I tried to buy some New Balance running shoes but the code I was given wasn’t valid

Mark

The Aldi 3.8% IS a little hard to find, but it’s in a section specifically for discount cards..

If you are logged in this might take you there https://singletrack-world.ezlifestylerewards.com/mall/rewards/66122697/5932/currency?fromSuggestions=false

Mark

To get to that section you need to click on this image/link on the main page..

Then select ‘UK gift cards’ from the drop down, top right.

From there you can choose from a big list of retailers and order a ‘gift card’ in lots of denominations up to £200. For a £100 gift card you will pay £96.20 if the offer is 3.8%. You can get the gift card sent by email so you can use it straight away.

wheelsonfire1

Thanks for the Aldi info, I did spend an age trying to find it, I’ll have another go now!
    Have a day off, despite what my previous Peak District cycle shop employer said – it IS a bank holiday!

Rubber_Buccaneer

To get to that section you need to click on this image/link on the main page..

That link just takes me to the same page it is on. I first tried the site last night and thought maybe a problem because I was outside the one hour window but tried logging out and getting a fresh email and it still does the same.

I’m keen to take a look as in past employments the gift cards have been a great way to get discounts on usually not discounted stuff (for example apple rarely discount but 10% off Curry’s vouchers and bingo)

Edit: Problem is on my iPad, just tried my android phone and that works fine

ta11pau1

Took a bit of navigating but had a look at the Garmin 40% deal. Looks good to me.

Yep the Garmin deal is very good, its’s the same as my works ‘perks at work’ discount. Cheapest fenix 7 sapphire solar you can get, at £560 with 20% off fyi… 😬

mashr

That’s because the EZ system needs to verify you are a current subscriber. There is a connection (API) to our database so that they can make that verification. Since members come and go and cancellations of memberships happen automatically at any time of the day, there does need to be a time limit on that link so that we can make sure that only full members can access the system.

not tried today, but when I was trying to get in yesterday that time limit seemed to be in the tens of seconds. Gave up after a few goes

Sheriff_Fatman

Same here – every time I’ve tried, even seconds later, I click on the link and it just comes up with a message saying the link has expired or has already been used. Never managed to get any further

Mark

You sure it’s the new link? On Gmail yesterday I had the same issue until I realised the latest link was actually in the email that Gmail hid under the first. Result was I was clicking the old link and not the new one. I deleted all my emails from the system and then got a new link. If that’s not the case then I’ll report it to EZ techs to look into it.

Sheriff_Fatman

It’s definitely the new email link that I generate – I’ve deleted all of the old attempts, so I’m using the latest email. However, what I have just noticed having tried again, is the Time on teh email is an hour out – i.e. I generated a new link email at 14:38 (BST) but the time on the email says it was sent at 13:48. So presumably the hour time limit has expired because it’s not setting the time zone correctly?

mashr

You sure it’s the new link?

yup. New link, didn’t work, binned, next new link, didn’t work, etc

Mark

Looks like there’s a time stamp issue going wrong. It’s been reported and hopefully that will get fixed asap.

si77

Anyone else unable to access the Santini site via the link?

leffeboy

Garmin up to 40% off but a quick look seems to imply 3 quid off a 200 quid watch (roughly)

Just checked again now and the discounts actually look quite sensible and worth checking out.  I don’t know what happened yesterday when I looked but the garmin stuff now seems much cheaper and absolutely worth checking out.  The one or two I checked are now cheaper than anywhere else I can see at the moment

bruneep

Looked at the apple discount, had to fill in a form and a 3rd party person would call me back to discuss my needs. Nah… don’t think so

leffeboy

Anyone else unable to access the Santini site via the link?

I can’t either but I’m not sure it is the site.  The link santinisms.co.uk doesn’t work if you type in in  either but it does appear to be correct according to the google

leffeboy

Ah, there appears to be something up with how it is offered.  In one case if I click through the discount bit on the STW website I get here

https://singletrack-world.ezlifestylerewards.com/mall/facets/5928/currency?keyword=garmin&fromSuggestions=false

This is direct to the ez rewards page but the discount on a watch is about about 4%.  Easily beatable by going elsewhere

However, if you search for Garmin and click on the Garmin 40% off link it appears to put you through to the Garmin website with the discount applied.  The same watch is then 35% off which is pretty unbeatable

I’ll see if I can track down a repeatable way of making it happen

monkeyboyjc

Not working for me….

leffeboy

ok, got the sequence to get the poorer discounts:

Start from the standard links to get you to the member discounts page.  You arrive here  https://rewards.singletrackworld.com/p/singletrack-world
    search for Garmin
    wait a minute and Garmin 40% off appears
    Click through
    Pop up window appears
    Click on ‘Click through to Garmin website
    Arrive at Garmin site with lovely discounts appear

BUT if instead  you start from the same place: https://rewards.singletrackworld.com/p/singletrack-world

Scroll down to click on the banner saying ‘Click here to check out 19,000 other rewards’
    That drops you into the STW branded https://singletrack-world.ezlifestylerewards.com/mall/dashboard/0
    but then search for Garmin and the lower discounts are back

For reference I’m in Belgium so it may be that that is messing things up between the stw domained site and the exlifestylerewards.com one

anyway, fyi

bigblackshed

I had a quick browse, been meaning to try Oddballs for a while, used the rewards site and ended up with 4 pairs of undercrackers for less than £30.

With Oddballs current promotion, then a free gift, add on the rewards promo code, the basket was £65 before the discounts, £30 after.

Thanks TeamSTW and Mark.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Interested to know what you think about the new discount service we’ve bought in to add to your membership feature list

Needs more signposting. It’s news to me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I had a look yesterday, some good stuff there.

Chrome on android in mobile view Clicking the link to the “everyday purchases” fails though.

I get a loading wheel briefly then nothing. Address reports as https://rewards.singletrackworld.com/p/singletrack-world
    But just returns a broken link.

Works fine in desktop mode…

Del

3.8% off one shop, or over the course of a year? or?

took a look, nothing grabbed me, clicked away.

DickBarton

Seems like a fair amount of choice and some discounts are very tempting. Will browse further and see if there is anything making me want to open my wallet.

oldnpastit

I can’t find the link. Using the website on android.

oldfart

Don’t know anything about this ? Looking at some of the comments I haven’t missed much 🙄

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

3.8% off one shop, or over the course of a year? or?

Off gift vouchers effectively, so can be used recurrently until the offer is withdrawn as far as I can see.

Looking at some of the comments I haven’t missed much 🙄

Some of it I’d agree – mainly the direct purchase stuff like coffee machines, mostly the discounts though if you’re in the market for it, are actually pretty good.

Ambrose

I can get to the link but it tells me that it’s expired. Android.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.