Home Forums Bike Forum Mavic warranty claim

• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by mashr.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Mavic warranty claim
  • jonjones262
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of Mavic warranty claims?

I sold my carbon road wheels on eBay, drove them up to the guy in Durham yesterday. 5 mins later he rings to say they’re damaged! There’s a hole in the front rim. I’ve no idea how it happened, I was mortified!

I registered them for the extended warranty. Do I just contact who I bought them from?

Cheers

kimbers

Very interested in this

I also did extended warranty, when my axle failed recently, I went thru the seller for warranty

They have said that Mavic are not responding (I guess due to their financial probs) & shop are trying to fob me off

dhrider
    Free Member

Where is the hole? Are you sure it isn’t an air / water release hole for the cavity?

cp

Is the hole definitely in the wheels you sold him?

What does the hole look like?

jonjones262
    Free Member

Yep, it’s a damage hole, not drain hole.

I’m 99% sure it’s my wheel he gave me back. I’ve got the serial number, will check today

jonjones262
    Free Member

Yep, it’s my wheel.

I’ve messaged Sigma sports, lets see what they say….

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

Your contract is with the retailer NOT Mavic. You need to contact them.

Warranty is to the original purchaser only.

Mavic are operating as normal, they are ‘restructuring’ but supplying and carrying out warranty work.

snotrag

Mavic Warranty team is still working and very responsive – I’ve got an ongoing claim with them and they’ve been good.
    Don’t be fobbed off by Sigma.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Make sure that Sigma don’t destroy the wheel and offer you crash replacement, if you still want Mavic to examine it.

Had a nightmare with Sigma recently on a Mavic wheel and this happened. To be fair they were ok at resolving once I complained but I had lost the option for Mavic to look at a rim failure that (to my knowledge) had never been knocked and had certainly never had a puncture.

jonjones262
    Free Member

What did Sigma do?

I can’t for the life of me think how this hole happened. It’s in the carbon aero section, near the spokes. I’ll try and get a pic later

tdog
    Free Member

Wtf do people continue to buy Mavic factory builds

they are shocking bad design & quality

globalti
    Free Member

They’re not bad design or quality, they are just designed differently. That’s the French for you.

simono5
    Free Member

Had a great experience with Mavic, was around 18 months ago.

Went direct to them with a broken rear wheel axle having registered the wheels on their mobile app for an extended 2 year warranty.

They asked for photos which I sent them. They quickly offered either to send wheels back for a repair or they’d send me a new axle in the post.

New axle arrived within a week I think.

globalti
    Free Member

I rebuilt my Ksyrium SL rear wheel with an Elite rim that I got from a French retailer and new spokes. The simple elegance of the spoke and nipple system made it a really easy and enjoyable job.

jonjones262
    Free Member

I’ve been offered a replacement wheel for the bargain price of £300….

Same offer form Sigma and Mavic.

Sigma offered me a pair of new uns for £800, down form £1200

grrrrrrrrrrreat……

mashr

So they’re offering crash replacement for damage you’ve caused? Seems reasonable. Would imagine £300 for a new wheel is cheaper than buying a rim on its own

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Mavic warranty claim’ is closed to new replies.