Home Forums Bike Forum M4 countersunk bolts and brass washers, today

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • M4 countersunk bolts and brass washers, today
  • gecko76

Halfords or Screwfix or A. N. Other?

joshvegas
    Free Member

As in brass countersunk washers?

gecko76

Sorry, no, as in stainless steel hex 15mm bolts (countersunk), and plain brass washers because I’m a tart.

To mount one of these in order to fit two bottles in available space. Need longer bolts than it came with.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355514002977?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=oJzMwxynSea&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=AOH8sI9PQZW&var=624659757609&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The washers are when it’s not fitted.

frankconway
    Free Member

Check availability in local stores,  reserve/order online if possible, collect.

gecko76

Thanks, I was just being lazy.

jimmy748

Screwfix will have the M4 countersunk machine screws, but you’ll be lucky to get m4 copper washers, unless you have a either a hydraulic or auto parts store that’s open Sundays.

drnosh
    Free Member

M4 ?

Are bottle mounts not M5?      (Goes to check)

Countersunk…does not need washer?

Confused.

cp

You’ll need M5 screws to mount it to the frame.

Where do you want to put the washers?

mick_r

As above – M5 not M4.

Toolstation has stainless M5 x 16mm hex key countersunk screws and stainless washers. CSK screw length is usually overall length including the head so make sure these are long enough.

gecko76

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282732204333?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pWibwPPtQii&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=AOH8sI9PQZW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

These are what’s going in the (bamboo) frame. Mind playing tricks now but pretty sure it’s M4 (left them at home). Will get both.

gecko76

M5 it was, 16mm was enough and Toolstation good.

You might be asking why not strap it in the same way as the one on the seat tube. To which I can only respond, yes, but aesthetics innit. Used some of those screw-in inserts before which worked for a few years. I’ll be happy if the frame makes it until 2026 which’ll be ten years of much use and abuse.

cerrado-tu-ruido

Show us the bike then, looks interesting.

gecko76

An early incarnation

Last summer

vlad_the_invader

Did you swap out the seatpost??

gecko76

Yep. The seat tube cracked a couple of years ago and while it was fine in a fibrefix bandage, I eventually worked up the courage to cut it out completely and bond a cf tube in. And it worked! Well, there’s things I’d do differently if I had to again but so far no shards in my arse and the ride is as smooth as before so call that a win.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.