Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Love eggs?
  • sc-xc

Because I do.

This is my order of preference:

– Semi soft boiled (large egg/6 minutes in boiling water)
    – Hard boiled
    – Poached
    – Fried in frylite or similar so they’re still yolky
    – Omelette
    – Easter

I don’t really like scrambled – at least not in the microwave.

Kryton57

Fails to deliver on the thread title, 1/10.

anagallis_arvensis

1. Pancake
    2. Cake

Daylight

Fried egg

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gastromonkey
    Free Member

Did anyone else think this was going to be about the gentleman playing a solo game of hide the egg (15 times!)?

franksinatra

Click bait thread title, but I clicked on it!

Point of Order, scrambled eggs never go near a microwave, ever. The even hint at such a crime is disgusting. The only correct way to make scrambled eggs is to crack more eggs than you think you need into a pan, add lots of butter, slow stirring (not beating) with wooden spoon, add more butter. Take of heat whilst still sloppy, add more butter or a touch of cream to level of temp and prevent from cooking further. On toast, season, eat.

Sandwich

Point of Order, scrambled eggs never go near a microwave, ever.

Well if one doesn’t know how to use a microwave the statement holds. If one is a careful cook the heat source is of no importance.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Fried egg (in butter) on toast.

Alex

Poached

‘Soldier’ boiled

Scrambled

Fried

Cake

Fried egg butty for breakfast this morning. To deal with unforseen snow and much foreseen hangover. Also proved my theory that a fried egg butty is 25% better with a large mug of builders tea.

ta11pau1

Fried, on toast, under a mountain of beans. Yum.

Onzadog
    Free Member

And their magical ability to turn a simple bacon sandwich into a banjo.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Food of the gods.

Number 1 favourite egg dish for me are poached…preferably as part of Eggs Benedict.

Soft boiled with soldiers

Fried with runny yolk, in butty form…nice and messy

Egg fried bread with HP Sauce

Used to love omelettes but overdid then when I used to travel alot with work..spend too long at the omelette bar.

Also Used to love egg Dosa’s from a hotel I stayed at with work a few times in Delhi. Like very thin egg omelettes, like and egg crepe, topped with really tasty Indian savoury stuff. Not as satisfying as the usual egg stuff but pretty good.

tetrode
    Free Member

Well if one doesn’t know how to use a microwave the statement holds. If one is a careful cook the heat source is of no importance.

Microwaving scrambled eggs is a crime against humanity. Done on the hob should be the only way at all.

FuzzyWuzzy

Has anyone tried Balut? That’s on my list of things I hope I never have to eat…

chrispoffer

Is disappoint.

sofaman

And their magical ability to turn a simple bacon sandwich into a banjo

That though would be an Egg Banjo with Bacon?

(Still a waste compared with Eggs Benedict of course)

zilog6128

I do indeed love an egg, the best thing we did last year was got three chickens, there’s nothing like it… beats the cluck out of any supermarket offering!

plus they are awesome!

bellerophon
    Free Member

Love eggs??

Everyday for breakfast 🙂

sirromj

Correct. Don’t go full wattage on first minute or so. Stir frequently to avoid cooking the outside to death while the inside still runny. Stop while still slightly wet and leave to stand while spreading margarine & marmite on your toast. put on toast with chilli ketchup.

mjsmke

X3 or 4 scrambled eggs in a pan. Once done, put in a bowl with a tin of baked beans on top and a generous topping of black pepper.

franksinatra

Don’t go full wattage on first minute or so. Stir frequently to avoid cooking the outside to death while the inside still runny. Stop while still slightly wet and leave to stand while spreading margarine & marmite on your toast. put on toast with chilli ketchup

So many things wrong with that. So many. I’ve read it a couple of times as I thought I must be mistaken but you did actually write down those words in that order.

dyna-ti

Cold fried egg sandwiches 😀
    Dear old Mum used to give me these for school(40 years ago) and a couple of years ago admitted that she was embarrassed to have had to do so, as we’d nothing else in.
    I told her that the days i got these were the best packed lunch ever. I particularly liked the crispy edges, in fact if the white was particularly crispy, I’d save that bit till last.

Always have a special spot in my heart and memory for cold fried egg sandwiches 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Microwave scrambled egg is fine if you are at work where the cooking options are limited. I also poach eggs in the microwave. Pour boiling water into a bowl. Crack an egg into the water. Microwave for 45 seconds. Perfect if you fancy eggs royale at work for breakfast or lunch.

Murray

Eggs are great with flour, fat and sugar

sirromj

So many things wrong with that. So many. I’ve read it a couple of times as I thought I must be mistaken but you did actually write down those words in that order.

Yes, a massive oversight, I forgot to mention to melt a dob of margarine in the bowl before adding the eggs, forgot splash of milk too 🤦‍ Beyond that can’t see anything else wrong 🤷‍

jamj1974

I had a small Easter Egg bought as a gift this year. That would have been my favourite egg after my Sunday ride, had not my wife already eaten it…

onewheelgood

I forgot to mention to melt a dob of margarine in the bowl

What is this ‘margarine’? Scrambled eggs require butter, not some random industrial byproduct.

corroded
    Free Member

Top three in order:
    Poached (fave cafe does them on sourdough with smashed pea and mint)
    Scrambled (lightly done in butter so still soft)
    Omelette (perhaps with cheese, spinach and mushroom filling)

kayak23

I like mine with a kiss.

simondbarnes

Correct. Don’t go full wattage on first minute or so. Stir frequently to avoid cooking the outside to death while the inside still runny. Stop while still slightly wet and leave to stand while spreading margarine & marmite on your toast. put on toast with chilli ketchup.

Please never, ever “cook” for me 🙂

theotherjonv

I was in, even agreeing with the milk in a follow up, but the fact you’ve gone to the trouble of saying margarine instead of butter means this has to be a troll.

fave cafe does them on sourdough with smashed pea and mint

Smashed pea? Get in the sea, fella.

timbog160

Egg banjo and pint of strong tea for me please 😀

racefaceec90

this needs this

slowoldman

Scrambled eggs are delicate. Serving them with marmite, chilli or beans piled on top is a terrible thing to do to them. Smoked salmon is (just) acceptable.

Anyway, my choices are
    Soft boiled (4 mins)
    Scrambled
    Poached
    Fried
    Omelette
    Pancake

not necessarily in that order but as the mood takes me.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Eggs Benedict ftw. Honourable mention to French toast with brown sauce.

tuboflard

Hate them. Not eaten one, in any form, since I was about 5 years old. Vile creations.

dyna-ti

I have no eggs in.
    I am now unhappy.

matt_outandabout

Fluffy eggs
    Flat eggs
    Egg pie
    Round eggs

Om nom.

zippykona

CountZero

What is this ‘margarine’?

Plastic butter.
    Eggs – in a cake
    Omelette
    Scrambled

Made myself an omelette this evening, as it happens, three eggs, splash of milk, beaten vigorously with a fork, added some diced onion, sliced olives and some sliced mushrooms, black pepper and chilli flakes, cooked with butter, served with boiled baby potatoes, also well covered in butter, and fresh salad.
    Feeling rather relaxed and replete now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Love eggs?’ is closed to new replies.