Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lorraine’s New Bike
  • singlespeedstu

This thing looks bloody awesome.
    Having met Lorraine a few times when we’ve been out in Verbier I can only imagine how great it must feel for her to be able to ride again.

moonsaballoon

Absolutely brilliant ,well done to all involved .

danposs86

As I said on Pinkbike:

Love it, however, I see so many adaptive bikes with the rear kicking up on jumps/bumps.

Yes, the rider won’t be able to move their weight back to counter this, but as most adaptive bikes are e-bikes, couldn’t something be done with the batteries to help keep a certain weight rearwards to combat this kick?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

Credit to the Orange team for making it happen. Great to see the new dog out as well.

luket

Wow. Looks amazing. The way the dual front wheels and forks act and the effort to stick with a fairly classic “bike” position rather than a wide and low vehicle for stability is interesting.

Love it, however, I see so many adaptive bikes with the rear kicking up on jumps/bumps.

Yes, the rider won’t be able to move their weight back to counter this, but as most adaptive bikes are e-bikes, couldn’t something be done with the batteries to help keep a certain weight rearwards to combat this kick?

A more difficult problem than would be solved by repositioning static weight I suspect. Plus there’s the need for front wheel cornering grip. You see the same kick on, for example, a sit ski. And an able bodied rider has to show a range of motions and forces through a take off to avoid similar, much of which someone whose lower body is in a fixed position probably couldn’t do (without some other ingenious device?).

RustyNissanPrairie

Looks similar design wise to Yamaha’s Niken motorbike with the double fork/2 front wheel.

Great to see the new dog out as well.

Largo the assistant dog is ace and brought a tear to my eye! Good doggo!

dyna-ti

Not a new concept, I posted an example of one a couple of months back. What I see different though is the front on the Orange has an independent movement rather than a fixed head.

Previous example- though this is an e version.

jamj1974

Tears in my eyes watching this.. Amazing work.

singlespeedstu

More in depth video on the bike and what it means to Lorraine here.
    Bit dusty in here after watching that.

On a side note.
    Looks like @Cupid-stunt has done a good job tidying up his garage.😁

danposs86

A more difficult problem than would be solved by repositioning static weight I suspect.

Someone pointed out on PB that some kind of slider under the seat to allow the rider to move their weight forwards and back might help.

Maybe some kind of system similar to a dropper post action, press a lever, move body, let go of leaver, seat locked in that position, press lever again, move body to neutral position.

mick_r

Great stuff. It tracks through the rooty stuff amazingly well.

I watched the second video at lunch time and suddenly recognised the Orange Bikes Switzerland garage 🙂

beamers

Largo the assistant dog is ace and brought a tear to my eye! Good doggo!

Bit dusty here too. That vid is so good on so many levels.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lorraine’s New Bike’ is closed to new replies.