Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Looking for a comfy saddle
  • GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I have a SDG Bel Air which feels a bit wide and bulky. It digs into my bones a bit too much. It’s too scooped up at the back which gets in the way a bit when trying to get behind it and back on again. I’m quite skinny so could maybe do with something narrower with a bit more comfort. Any saddle suggestions or how do you go about trying new saddles? Thanks.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I like specialized saddled that you get your butt measured for. I think some fizik saddles have trial models. It’s a very personal thing though.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

So if I went to a Specialized dealer I could get measured up? Do you have to sit in a tray of putty or something?

Reluctant
    Free Member

Skinny, flat, very thin gel padding and cut out underside.

Up for grabs if you’re interested 😉

moose2008
    Free Member

Fizik gobi is good and longer and narrower than the one that you have I think. WTB v are compfy too but may be similar in shape to your SDG. Such a personal thing but I know a lot of people who ride with WTB and they are all happy and differing in size and shape. The people who like my gobi love it and the ones that don’t can’t get away with it at all.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Charge Spoon/Knife?

sockpuppet

i went from SDG belair to a charge spoon – cheap as chips, not too heavy and suits my behind.

a bit of a cliche answer, but popular with loads on here

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Reluctant – Member

That looks nice and it would go with my bike well. Is it suitable for all day riding?

WTB v are compfy too

I started off with a WTB Devo which came with my bike and didn’t get on with it. It was too wide and flat I think but the SDG was better but still not right.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Suitable for all day riding? Sure, don’t see why not!

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

Thanks it looks good but I think I might have the same issues with it digging into my sit bones as it’s quite flat and thinly padded.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Looking for a comfy saddle’ is closed to new replies.