Home Forums Bike Forum Llandegla on a gravel bike?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Llandegla on a gravel bike?
  • oddnumber
    Free Member

Morning all, I have a rare day off so looking to link up a visit to Llandegla with a run around the Clywydians. I’ve a hankering to use my Sonder Camino around Llandegla, probably blue. Would a gravel bike be up to it? I’ve not ridden the blue so not sure what to expect.

Any opinions welcome 🙂

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Yeah be fine I reckon

scaled
    Free Member

As long as your brakes work, there’s no reason you wont get a gravel bike round the blacks

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah nothing to worry about

lawman91

Done the blue on my Genesis Datum with 33mm Challenge Strada Biancas and it was OK…ish. I’d want a wider, tougher tyre at lower pressures (i was running circa 50psi to keep pinch flats at bay) and better brakes than my HY/RD’s with 160mm rotors. It was sketchy in places, the blue is very deceptive at Degla, it looks and feels very smooth on an MTB but let me tell you on a fully rigid bike with above tyres and brakes it got buck wild in places! Blew my hands off the bars twice and my pace was way, way slower on the singletrack than usual. So yes, you can do it. But would it be a fun experience for you? Possibly not!

nbt

Did the red and black last week, was passed by a couple of drop bar bikes on the red sections and possibly on some of the black stuff

simondbarnes

Been round red/black on my cx bike, was fine.

oddnumber
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. The Camino has 47mm Byways running tubeless so should be alright. I’ve been around black sections on a rigid 29er, but wouldn’t fancy it on the Camino. I was hoping it’d be ok on the blue though.

johnw1984
    Free Member

You’d probably have to slow down on the rocky steps on a bit of the black, but I reckon it’s doable on that bike.

I’m faster on my Scott Spark (100mm) with no dropper at Llandegla than I am on any other bike.

scaled
    Free Member

Did the red and black last week, was passed by a couple of drop bar bikes on the red sections and possibly on some of the black stuff

Who are you, and what have you done with NBT

olly2097
    Free Member

I’ve seen someone on a BMX round degla. Tbh you can ride it on anything.

mcnultycop

I’ve done the blue on my Arkose. It was fine, I wouldn’t enjoy the red/black on it but the blue was fine.

oddnumber
    Free Member

I can confirm the bike was more than enough for the blue and a bit of red, and no-one died. The weather gods were kind to me too, and an awesome day was had.

pondo

Got a week off next week and was looking for things to do – if I don’t recomission the mountain bike, maybe me and the hybrid’ll pay Llandeg a visit. 🙂

Rich_s

I’ve seen someone on a BMX round degla. Tbh you can ride it on anything.

If that was me, it was the absolute worst ride I’ve ever done anywhere with anyone on anything ever. And you should see the state of some of my ex’s.
    Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla on a gravel bike?’ is closed to new replies.