Home Forums News Lauf Elja is a 120mm single-pivot (without a Lauf fork)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Lauf Elja is a 120mm single-pivot (without a Lauf fork)
  • Ben_Haworth

Say hello to the new Lauf Elja. A full-suspension mountain bike from the brand you may know from the Lauf Seigla gravel bike and leaf-spring Lauf Grit …

By ben_haworth

Get the full story here:

Lauf Elja is a 120mm single-pivot (without a Lauf fork)

ped

My god, and I thought their forks were ugly! There’s right odd things going on with the curves in that swingarm. I bet rides well though, and if I were on it, at least I’d not have to look at it.

WildHunter2009

It has the slight feel of the old Mountain Cycle San Andreas and similar frames. Hideous then and also hideous now….. although suspect this rides better!

citizenlee
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but that swingarm…

tomhoward

Orange finally discovered carbon fibre?

ayjaydoubleyou

I always wondered what would happen if Orange did a carbon bike. Seems it’s this.

Sure that I won’t be able to afford one but genuinely interested.

Looks like wireless only extends to the dropper too… but obviously the brake hose still needs a hole.

oily76

2kg without shock doesn’t sound particularly light for a race oriented XC bike. Nevertheless, I’m interested in this, I ride a 2018 Scott Spark with 2 pairs of wheels, 27.5+ and 29er. Both wheelsets are carbon and pretty lightweight, and I just love riding the + wheels. As they say, the 29ers feel faster, but Strava struggles to separate them and I feel so much more confident on the 2.8 tyres.

bens
    Free Member

It looks like someone left a plastic Orange 5 in the sun for too long.

stevious

I kind of like how it looks and am weirdly drawn to the idea of two bottom brackets.

qwerty
    Free Member

Seems pretty short reach, it’s also nice to see ETT and reach.

bitmuddytoday
    Free Member

ETT seems to be missing? That was the only measurement I was interested in, having just read a review on enduro-mtb in which reach measurements had just been pasted into the ETT boxes.

So it’s not a looker, wireless only, slightly questionable BB for a main pivot. But more importantly…how much should we be trusting reviews of suspension bikes with Flight Attendant (or similar) which may be (probably is) covering up performance deficiencies in the suspension design?

didnthurt

Those lollipop sticks bolted to the rear shock don’t look very strong. It’s a funny looking thing isn’t it?

5lab
    Free Member

they spend ages talking about tyre width, which has never been an issue for oranges either – I recon my old mrxc could probably squeeze a 3″ tyre in

Jerm

I’ve been hoping for the return of single pivot bikes. I love the simplicity. Shame I won’t be able to afford it. Hopefully someone will bring back aluminium single pivot bikes other than orange. I still love the aesthetic of tubed aluminium.

matt_outandabout

I’ve been hoping for the return of single pivot bikes. I love the simplicity. Shame I won’t be able to afford it.

I thought the same.

Then I picked this up last week at less than half price.

Orange Stage Evo

mtbfix

There’s a good interview with the Lauf CEO and one of their engineers on the Escape Collective podcast relating to this launch.

teamslug

I like the idea of a single pivot. British winter conditions aren’t kind and as above I like the simplicity. Got to say I like Lauf as a brand. I’ve got a Seigla and the communication and ordering etc was really easy and the bike is brilliant.

honourablegeorge

50g saved on cable routing to optimise for a wireless mech – but the XX Transmission mech is 200g heavier than XTR

IdleJon

Ah, that’s what happened to my Cannondale Rush…

I’d try it, but it will be too expensive, I’d want a slacker HA and would probably go with 2.6″ tyres, having tried both 2.6 and 2.8s over the last decade.

Ben_Haworth

@matt_outandabout Niceness :)

monkeyboyjc

Tbh I don’t wouldn’t be bothered by the looks of it works significantly well. But… It’s in a crowded marketplace of similar bikes that all seem to claim the same thing, in which case I can’t see myself buying one above and beyond other brands. Love the BB pivot, alway wondered why other brands haven’t already adopted this approach for years.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ve always wanted a XC bike that’ll take a 3″ tyre.

sanername

I’m looking for a bike change now that I’ve got a 45 minute canal ride to get to Epping Forest, was thinking a discounted Scott Spark, but this might be it…

johnstell

Strange bike, equally strange review!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Strange bike, equally strange review!

Its not a review, its a copy & paste press release from someone at Lauf who must be so full of bullsh*t that it spilled out onto their keyboard when writing that stuff.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.