Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Laptop specs for medium use?
  • mactheknife

Hey all, I’m totally out the loop on specs of laptops these days. Mine had just died a horrible death.

I do a fair bit of astrophotography so at times when I’m editing and stacking I could be working Affinity and Capture one slightly intensively. The rest of the time would just be normal editing and general user.

Would an i5 processor and 8gb of Ram be enough?

jeffl

May want to bump the RAM up to 16gb, which is sometimes cheaper to do with an aftermarket upgrade. I’d also suggest an SSD, makes a massive improvement.

Other than that crack on.

riklegge

Lenovo are often recommended in these threads, there are often good prices from ebay sellers on various models, I had a good experience with T460. I’d also highly recommend the seller “new and used laptops” on ebay; I had a recent issue with the keyboard. I messaged them on Friday, I received a reply the same day, I posted to them on Monday and had received my repaired laptop back on Wednesday.

matt_outandabout

Work just bought me a new HP Pro Book.

Latest i3, SSD and 8gb.
    I did some basuc video editing this week, and it’s fine.
    It’s great build quality too – metal case etc, like my son’s old ProBook which was a Mac PowerBook copy.

mactheknife

Ace, cheers all

I’ve got an i3 Lenovo Ideapad – will have to check the rest of the specs, but it’s terrible.

Opening up documents takes forever and forget trying to use Lightroom unless you are very patient

Poopscoop

Don’t forget ether-net cable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Laptop specs for medium use?’ is closed to new replies.