Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lakes route help – Big B Bash
  • Garry_Lager

If you extend the clockwise Borrowdale bash toward Angle Tarn way, coming up Langstrath which of the following is recommended: Stay in the valley and take the path all the way direct to Angle Tarn; climb up to Stake pass and then traverse around to the tarn between Lining Crag; or up to Stake pass and then descend Stake into Langdale, then hike back out up Rosset Gill?

Thanks – have ridden the bash a couple of times but done next to nothing up Langdale / Esk Hause way.

boxelder

The middle option, though it’s footpath obvs and is pushing in parts.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I would park at Stonethwaite, from Lagstrath towards Stakes pass you have two options, The techy but fun Bridleway left of black moss pot or right of the river that’s a lot easier to ride, Theres a bridge at the end of the Valley where the routes merge, carry up stakes at the top you can turn right onto the cumbria way to angle tarn (boggy in places) or carry on down stakes into rossett turning right towards rossett gill. best descent is to Styhead pass returning via Seathwaite farm to Stonethwaite, epic day out that enjoy.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

A bit of the route here from Pete Archer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYnyZ1Y_VWw&t=3s

Garry_Lager

Cheers. 8hrs they said on that vid, which is food for thought. Wouldn’t have guessed anything near as long as that, although they did say there were some mechanicals.

TomB

When I last did it from stonethwaite via stake pass but not dropping to the bottom of Rosset it took me a leisurely 4 hours, no mechanical issues but a nice picnic. If you add in the complete bash with Walla start it’s a good long day.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Awesome route. 👌🏻

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lakes route help – Big B Bash’ is closed to new replies.