Home Forums Bike Forum Knee pads for trees

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Knee pads for trees
  • alchiltern
    Free Member

Going along on an uplift day, not done one before so thought it wise to get some pads, just in case. Looking for soft knee and elbow pads, but so far in the leg looking crc brands, I’m right on the limit or north of their largest sizes.

Any suggestions for pads that might work and not likely to bunch badly at the knee?

Cheers.

seriousrikk

I’ve found the IXS Flow Evo+ to be very excellent.
    Going to be buying another set but with zips when they next put them on offer.

bikesandboots

Those are sized for children though, I’m size small in all clothing and most kit but XL in those.

alchiltern
    Free Member

Cheers. Bumping to see if there’s any other suggestions. I’ve tried some Leatt airflex pros xxl and they’re too tight on the calf, plus short enough to bunch I expect. Mmm.

LAT

if possible, i’d recommend going to a shop to try them on. size and shape vary quite a bit and what works for some folk may not work for you.

alternatively, order a bundle to try at home and return what doesn’t work.

nickc

Yep, I’ve a pair of those IXS and they’re large, In everything else I’m either small or medium, they are silly small. Plus they’re what I use for ‘normal’ MTB,

I use Some  Sweet Protection Bearsuit on uplift days

nedrapier

order a bunch, try the lot and send the rest back. total waste of money if you buy a pair blind, then only wear them once because they hurt.

I ordered 7 pairs to be delivered to an Evans (pre-Ashley) near me, tried them on, kept some Ions. Guys in the shop were non-plussed – people do it all the time with pads – they totally understood why people need to. The Ions are hardshell and get used for uplift days.

Since reading a bunch about how good the Rapha ones are, I jumped on them at £60 in a sale and I have to say they’re very comfy. Genuinely all day comfy. put them on at 7amlast Sunday, 6 stages of practice, 5 stages of race bunch of pedalling and walking. didn’t take them off until after a beer at the finish.

A good daub of chammy cream around the knees is recommended for any pads!

alchiltern
    Free Member

Cheers all, will head to the lbs, else might need to just take it steady. Rapha ones look good but max size is still 8cm short on the calves. Boo.

plus-one

Depends on the tree ? Maple you want hard foam. Scots pine it’s got to be memory plastics. God forbid fir  trees. No hope sorry 🥺

lardman
    Free Member

My RaceFace flank D30 pads can cover a tree.
    they cover mine just fine and my calves are comedically large. Might be worth a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.