Home Forums Bike Forum Knee/Elbow pads for 5 year old.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Knee/Elbow pads for 5 year old.
  • cobrakai

The little one broke her leg skiing a few weeks back and its got me a wee bit more protective.

Looking for recommendations for knee and elbow pads. Protection followed closely by comfort are the main priorities! She is a very confident cyclist. She can ride pump tracks and is happy on most of the blue at QE so its inevitable shes going to have an off at some point.

A friend suggested POC female ones in extra small but open to other suggestions.

BearBack
    Free Member

both my kids have been shredding in small/xs adult elbow pads on their knees.
    I dont recall what we came up with for elbow pads at that age if any, but now theyre in troy lee long sleeve protection suits if riding the bike park or xxs g-form elbows if they have to wear some protection.

cobrakai

Thanks bearback, prob best to take her in somewhere and try some on.

outofbreath
    Free Member

We just got some from Decathlon. From the deep gouges in them I reckon they saved a lot of pain/tears.

WillH

Look at Lizard Skins, they do some good soft knee and elbow pads for kids.

regenesis
    Free Member

Got a set somewhere you can have.

cobrakai

Regensis I’d be interested.

nealglover
    Free Member

These are awesome. My little boy is 4 and we picked some of them up in Morzine for him. He won’t ride to the shops without them on 👍
    Elbow pads available too. Both really comfy apparently.

https://uk.foxracing.com/peewee-titan-knee%2Fshin-guards/08037.html

stevextc
    Free Member

We swear by the fox launch youth.. Jnr has had some serious offs and quite possibly would have needed major surgery a couple of times. For serious stuff he wears body armour (since 7-8ish) but just got some IXS elbows for casual but they haven’t been properly tested yet.

jonm81

We were luck to find a shop with both the Fox and G-Force kids pads for our 4 year old to try on. Went with the G-Force ones in the end as they were considerably less bulky and far more flexible. Luckily they were half price as at RRP they are bloody expensive. Sportpursuit often have then in the sale.

They still look like new 2 years on so good value for money overall.

ceept

We have Fox peewee Motocross ones (generally cheaper & in stock at your local MX shop).
    They seem to be the default option when these things are discussed on various FB groups.

BillOddie

My boys have used the G-Force pads.

Protection has been fine (and they have been tested!) and they will actually wear them as they are reasonably comfy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Knee/Elbow pads for 5 year old.’ is closed to new replies.