Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Keswick breakfast cafes?
  • professor_fate
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a place that does decent coffee and a choice of breakfast, as I’m not staying in a bandb on an upcoming visit.

jamesmio
    Free Member

The Filling Station is great, wee saunter off the main drag but worth the cycle

ART

When we are in that neck of the woods I like the Merienda by the clock tower or the Square Orange just up the road – would be a late brekkie there though as they don’t open till 10am.

jekkyl

Booths supermarket, absolutely awesome.

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Filling station.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

As a local may I recommend the Gallery Cafe [on the corner/centre of town, just up from the FIAT garage]. The filling station is a bit hit and miss. Had some bloody terrible cakes there recently.
    The Strawberry cafe is nice, not too pricey. The cafe in George Fishers is also very good.
    The Chalet in Portinscale is very very nice.

MrSparkle

Filling Station.

RIP Saddleback – that was a properly decent cyclists café. Sadly missed.

maccruiskeen

The filling station is a bit hit and miss.

I’ve only experienced the Miss unfortunately.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

The Chalet in Portinscale would be my 1st choice.

I’m another who misses the saddleback cafe. They did a great breakfast.

edlong
    Free Member

Booths supermarket

+1

footflaps

Our favourite Keswick restaurant (also does breakfasts)..

http://www.merienda.co.uk/

TomB

+2 for the chalet, just round the corner from my house. Opens early and consistently good. You need to head out to portinscale though, and that also gives you the options of cheap and cheerful nichol end marina, or smart and sophisticated lingholm kitchen, both good in their own way. In town, marienda or treeby and Bolton, or the one on bell close car park (coffee kitchen?)for more of a greasy spoon, vinyl seats sort of feel. Bad coffee there, though.

poolman
    Free Member

I like the spoon in the car park mentioned above for a full blow out, i m into the old retro cafes though and its a bit hidden behind the high st. Filling stn was good when i went but imagine its packed at weekends.

Thanks for the other tips, will try them.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

TomB +lots for Treeby and bolton {gallery cafe} The cake portions in there are epic!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Been to Little Chamonix the last couple of times I’ve been up that way, but more of a late morning brunch thing after an early start. Decent coffee and a cracking sausage & bacon cob.

joat

Filling station lost our custom because they wouldn’t do any thing off-menu, I would have understood if it was busy, but my wife and I were the only ones in.

karnali
    Free Member

Super cheap and cheerful, spoons

Wookster

Filling station was greT but recently it’s not been great when I went in. The Spoon does a great old skool fry up alright!!

superfli
    Free Member

I was up there on Sat and are at strawberry cafe. Good service not too expensive and plenty of good food. I had Cumbria breaky.
    I’m feeling peckish now 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Eggs Benedict in spoons has served me well on a fair few van based biking weekends.

And they open super early, handy when the inevitable mole appears at the counter after a couple of Lakeland golds the night before…. :mrgreen:

postierich
    Free Member

Bookmarked for Sunday

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Keswick breakfast cafes?’ is closed to new replies.